Director of Extraction
Less than 5 years experience •
TITLE: Director of Extraction
REPORTS TO: VP of Production / CEO
OF INCUMBENT: BS in engineering or process chemistry or related discipline.
ROLE: Responsible for the extraction, purification and formulation activities of the Company for ensuring such activities are executed under appropriate GMP compliance.
- Identifying, implementing and qualifying extraction and purification technologies.
- Optimizing extraction technologies to optimize quality and yield.
- Identifying implementing and qualification of formulation technologies
- Manage the extraction, purification and formulation operations on a day-to-day basis and supervise employees.
- Write and approve SOPs and Master Batch Records covering extraction, purification and formulation activities.
- Keeps abreast of developments of technological improvements.
- Developing IP around processes.
? At least 3-5years experience in extraction
? Using multiple extraction technologies such as ethanol, CO2, butane etc.
? Understanding the qualitative and quantitative composition of extracts derived using different technologies, such as flavonoids, terpenes, chlorophyll and other plant materials.
? Understanding the qualitative and quantitative composition of extracts required for different markets such as pharmaceutical and recreational.
? Experienced in installing and operating extraction technologies and the analytical methods for quantification.
? Experienced in optimizing extraction methods to maximize yield.
? Experienced in purification methods required to obtain pharmaceutically pure THC and CBD ? preparative HPLC, short-column distillation, etc.
? Background in formulating extracts into various dosage forms such as oils, capsules etc.
? Familiar with pharmaceutical GMPs and an understanding of IQ/OQ and PQ studies.
? Familiar with using pharmaceutical master batch records for production.
? Experience in filing patent applications.