- Oversight of all aspects of Event Services Department staff including Managers, Coordinators, Stagehands, Production Technicians and event related activities.
- Delegate event coordination responsibilities and communicate event assignment information to Operations and Citizens Business Bank Arena staff.
- Work with the General Manager/Booking Manager to prepare Pre-contract labor and equipment estimates, CADs and any other necessary information.
- Manage production equipment for the Arena. Schedule usage and maintenance of all production related equipment. Develop and train staff on proper usage, transportation and usage of production equipment. Maintain inventory of consumable production items including Lighting color gel, production light bulbs, gaffers tape etc.
- Develop proposals for purchase of new or replacement production equipment.
- Maintain an accurate and complete production/tech rider for the Arena.
- Create the monthly 3rd party schedule and update as may be required by event changes.
- Create development of Stagehand and Technical Production hiring needs, hiring procedures and training.
- Develop and manage in house created events.
- Communicate with event promoters, event managers, and production managers throughout all stages of events; from pre-event planning throughout event execution and settlement, coordinate the requirements of each event based on the client contracts and production riders.
- Ensure Arena Sponsors contractual amenities are met. Contact marketing in advance of any promoter requests that would be a conflict.
- Communicate with Premium Sales any luxury suite or club seat kills ASAP.
- Coordinate and communicate with operations, changeover, housekeeping, box office, catering, marketing and technical services to ensure the logistical details of each event are being delivered.
- Lead Production meetings weekly to review past shows/events and review upcoming shows/events.
- Coordinate with and direct when needed, external contract equipment and labor including but not limited to audio, lighting, backline, heavy equipment, vehicles, gases, décor, etc. and ensure timely delivery and set up
- Serve as a facility representative at events; facilitate pre and post-event walk through to assess facility condition; enforce facility policies and procedures throughout each event; identify and resolve event challenges; resolve public complaints
- Supervise back of house operations and staff including stagehands, security and changeover crew during assigned events.
- Assist Front-of-House, Director of Guest Services staffing and assure that it is adjusted to balance customer service, safety and security to meet the financial needs of the event.
- Manage eventbudgets and complete settlement documents for each event and promoter requirements.
- Communicate with the marketing team, event requirements for the scoreboard, auxiliary boards, marquee and video equipment.
- Prepare written details and requirements for each event; prepare floor plans and ensure compliance with applicable fire, building, and safety codes; communicate changes before and during events with staff.
- Provide feedback for recap report.
- Collect and prepare settlements including labor, in-house and rental equipment etc.
- Provide excellent customer service to a wide variety of customers - internal and external
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrated progression of responsibility and leadership
- A minimum of 7 years' experience managing events in a theater or arena is preferred
- Additional years of experience may be substituted for formal education
- Experience with technical theater equipment (lighting & audio) is preferred
- 5 years of experience and knowledge of events and clients of the Arena.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills
- 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Event Management, Theater Management, Business Management or related field is preferred
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Prolonged standing and walking
- Use of hands to finger/handle; Use of arms to reach; climb stoop kneel crouch or crawl
- This position requires ability to see and read names from lists, diagrams, computer work and colored schematics for event set-ups. (close vision, distance vision, and color vision)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as written correspondence, safety rules, diagrams and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients or members of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as settlements hours/dollars member payments, portions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with unique client related situations or staffing issues
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure
- Long hours during events
- Variable Schedule -- Days, Weekends, Nights, Holidays
- Most of the Time moderate noise levels associated with office seating
- Occasional loud noise level when working a concert or louder events.