Our client has pioneered the concept of providing in-house event technology services for meeting venues. For more than 40 years, their managers and technicians have become an extension of each hotel, conference center or resort in which they operate, delivering all customers' technology needs from a single reliable source.
What you will be doing:
- We are currently seeking a Director of Event Technology for one of our Long Island, NY hotel properties.
- Oversees in-house hotel AV operations and AV personnel.
- Fosters positive working relationships with hotel management, support staff, in house clients, event planners and company management.
- Supports staff with day to day information on groups and meeting set ups.
- Oversees equipment inventory and sub-rental equipment used at the property.
Experience you will need:
- Must have 3+ years AV management experience in a hospitality-related environment; i.e. hotels, conference/convention centers and meeting facilities.
- Strong selling experience in the generation new business opportunities within hotel through prospecting, soliciting RFPs and providing quotas.
- Manages budget, expenses and scheduling.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills, sales experience, extensive knowledge of AV equipment, good computer and software skills.
- Ideal candidates have a Bachelor?s degree, are self-motivated, detail oriented and have a strong sense of the overall needs of the business.