DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads and supports highly visible educational events and activities for the college community and the public.
- Creates and contributes training programs to educate the College, preceptors, alumni, and stakeholders.
- Establishes equity, diversity, and inclusion counseling services for faculty, staff, and students.
- Meets with students individually to address concerns and serve as a resource.
- Organizes activities and presents issues to critical stakeholders responsible for equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Engages in scholarly activities that includes writing/publishing articles and obtaining funding.
- Participates in and presents at national conferences and develops a national presence in pharmacy organizations.
- Formulates strategies and policies to bring awareness to and promote equity, inclusivity, and diversity.
- Congregates with the College leadership to increase equity, inclusivity, and diversity among faculty, staff, and students.
- Meets with the Office of Student Affairs to establish student policies and practices that promote the College's initiatives concerning student recruitment, admissions, and professionalism.
- Convenes with the Office of Academic Affairs to create curricular and co-curricular programs and student policies and practices that promote the College's initiatives relating to the Doctor of Pharmacy curriculum, student progression, and leadership development.
- Collaborates with University leadership and community to increase diversity, exchange information on best practices, and avoid duplication of efforts.
- Assembles with the Office of Assessment to maintain metrics and prepare reports for leadership on the assessment of equity, inclusion, and diversity initiatives.
- Serves as an ex-officio member of the College's Equity, Inclusivity, and Diversity Advisory Board.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: PhD, PharmD, EdD, or JD in related field required. (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
EXPERIENCE: Five (5) years of experience leading diversity and inclusion initiatives, preferably in an education setting. (Experience with the development and implementation of training programs for faculty, staff, and students preferred).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and on the phone with people of different backgrounds and nationalities.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to take initiative and multi-task.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite: WORD, PowerPoint, and EXCEL.