This position will be responsible for developing a comprehensive Make-A-Wish enterprise-wide entertainment marketing strategy and executing the plan by engaging celebrities, athletes, and the entertainment and sports industry in Make-A-Wish support beyond wish granting. This may include awareness, fundraising, brand campaigns, digital content, events, and more. The Director will track progress in moving celebrities along a continuum of support and will be responsible for a revenue goal.
Job Location: Los Angeles, Phoenix or New York City
- Achieves Results – Execution, energy, results driven and action oriented.
- Succeeds through Teamwork and Collaboration – Team focused, cooperative, gains trust , networks, shares credit for accomplishments, shows openness to others views and feedback.
- Communicates Effectively and Candidly – Candid, sincere, open, clear, concise, professional, keeps the right people and employees informed.
- Develops Self/Others – Seeks growth and improvement for self and employees, embraces development.
- Customer Focused – Seeks to exceed customer’s expectations and represent MAWA well while doing so.
- Works/Leads with Integrity and Professionalism – Lives MAWA’s values, is a positive influence, questions status quo, takes initiative and embraces change.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experience as a talent agent/manager/handler or celebrity liaison for a high-profile organization
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Experience of dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders and resolving challenging situations
- Proven ability to envision and develop a strategic plan; self-starter who can see the big picture while executing programs and delivering results
- Proven ability to generate revenue and awareness for an organization
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop long-term Make-A-Wish celebrity engagement strategy: identify objectives, goals, strategies and measures to successfully drive key marketing metrics and deliver revenue target
- Manage pipeline of opportunities to ensure celebrities are engaged appropriately (considering fit, timing, etc.)
- Develop briefs and objectives for celebrities in conjunction with Brand Marketing, PR & Communications and Development
- Build and manage relationships with a targeted portfolio of celebrity supporters as agreed upon with Director, Entertainment & Sports and team to ensure wish granting support is maintained
- Create and implement framework and guiding principles to navigate and prioritize celebrity-related requests from internal teams such as Communications, Marketing, Digital, Development, Chapters and Affiliates
- Ensure the Entertainment Marketing-managedportfolio of celebrities are recognized and thanked on a regular basis for their support
- Attend events where celebrity supporters are involved
- Bachelor’s degree in Non-Profit Management, Marketing, Communication, Business or related field required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience working in or with the Entertainment & Sports industry
- Experience in non-profit PR, marketing or fundraising preferred
- Strong management experience and interpersonal skills with volunteers, donors, and executive team members.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and computer skills required.
- Work in an office environment
- Travel is required
- May require work outside a traditional Monday – Friday work week, and outside normal business hours