Udemy for Business is the leading online training solution for high-growth companies, global organizations and public sector organizations -- and we're growing like crazy. We're helping organizations large and small around the globe solve the critical skills gap that teams increasingly face, whether it's the latest technology, marketing & sales, HR, professional & personal development skills and more. And we're just getting started.
The Director of Enterprise Sales - West, based in San Francisco, will play an active role as a member of the Enterprise - Americas sales leadership team and is responsible for leading sales teams in the Western United States. In this role, you will as well as overseeing the daily and long-term goals of their team and the overall business. In this role, you will often be responsible for setting and adjusting sales goals based on deep knowledge of our customers with your analytical mindset. Additionally you will be responsible for training, coaching and mentoring your field Enterprise Sales team as well as collaborating with additional internal/external partners at all levels and various locations.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Lead a team of West area Regional Directors, as well as a Western AE team focused on positioning and selling our solutions to enterprise accounts (5k+ employees).
- Drive top-line revenue growth through new customer acquisition and solution expansion within our existing account base.
- Own and manage team forecast and pipeline opportunity development and reporting for the West teams.
- Develop, coach and lead your team to perform at a high level.
- Connect with and influence customers and prospects at the senior leadership level.
- Establish strategic plans and objectives to drive desired business growth.
- Partner with internal UFB teams to drive market growth and team performance, including related sales, marketing and support resources.
- Develop and manage talent pipeline to drive team growth.
- Travel requirements 40% of the time.
We're excited about you because you have:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in successful sales leadership targeting Enterprise commercial accounts; leading sales leaders and individual contributors.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and grow sales professionals and sales leaders, maximizing performance and exceeding team goals.
- Experience developing and executing regional sales plans and forecasts, addressing new customer acquisition and existing customer growth.
- Creativity and proficiency in supporting sales cycles, including "top of funnel" prospecting activity, opportunity qualification, developing joint close plans, negotiating and closing sales, and driving upsells.
- Proven effectiveness working across functional teams.
- SaaS Human Capital/Talent Management software experience, a plus.