Reporting to the Chief Information Officer in the Office of Information Technology, this position is responsible for the effective leadership, planning, and delivery of all aspects of Information Technology enterprise applications services and support for ERP and Web Application programming, Functional Analysis, Database Administration, Application Administration, and Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence.
This position is charged with management, innovation, and continuous improvement of the College’s enterprise applications (Banner, Blackboard, Advance CRM, Starfish, TeamDynamix, and many others). The director engages with administrative and academic areas of the College and manages both projects and operational activities to meet future increased demands and identify opportunities for application consolidation. The director communicates and adheres to service levels to support end user confidence and assists the Chief Information Officer in aligning enterprise applications with the needs of the College’s schools and administrative departments in support of the Institutional Strategic Plan.
As a member of the OIT Management Team, the incumbent must effectively communicate and collaborate with leadership, faculty, staff, and students across the College to support strong partnerships between IT and the community, and to ensure that the Office of Information Technology is positioned to meet the current and future needs of the College.
The Director is responsible for the supervision and deliverables of the Enterprise Applications department.
Organizes department to meet project deadlines and monitors tasks to ensure on-time delivery. Carries out supervisory duties including assigning and monitoring tasks, hiring and training employees, and appraising performance. Plans implementation time lines with users, and develops staffing requirements based on the estimated efforts required.
Establishes and follows standards and procedures. Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve problems. Perform management of departmental budget; monitoring work order progress; manages application change management process; manages Banner Security approval process; and maintains vendor contact information and licensing agreements. Oversees development and maintenance of technical and project documentation. Develops quality assurance test plans. Directs quality assurance testing. Coordinates and communicates system issue resolution.
Develops project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources. Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules and plans as required. Prepares communication and project status reports to keep management, sponsors, stakeholders, and others informed of project status and related issues. Coordinates and responds to requests for changes from original specifications. Monitors project results against technical specifications. Coordinates and communicates implementation roll out and training plans.
Leads strategic and tactical planning of enterprise application systems; Liaises with functional stakeholders to understand needs and future plans; Consults with management to review project proposals to determine goals, time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing administrative computing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources.
Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or the equivalent is required.
At least 7-10 years of related experience in a similar environment with 4 years of technical management experience.
Competencies / Skills
• Experience with implementing and maintaining ERP and ancillary systems. Ellucian Banner products are preferred, but other ERP system experience will be considered.
• Strong management skills with direct experience managing a diverse group of technology support staff.
• Proven project management and operations experience.
• Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills.
• Demonstrated capacity for self-directed learning.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
• Experience with the following technologies is preferred:
- MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Sharepoint, Visio)
- ITSM Tool (TeamDynamix)
- RHE Linux
- Groovy On Grails
- Oracle RDBMS
- Microsoft SQL Server
Supervision of Employees
• 9 employees within the areas: ERP/Web Programming Analyst, Functional Analysis, DBA, Application Administration, and Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence.
• Work study students. Assigned junior level technical tasks to support department needs.
Physical and Mental Demands
• Normal sitting, standing, and walking throughout the course of the day.
• Periods of extended computer usage.
• Ability to think through clearly amid changing priorities and circumstances.
• Maintain professional attitude and demeanor in difficult situations.
• Ability to multitask in a very busy work environment.
• Exercise sound judgment.
• Maintain high level of confidentiality.
• General office environment.
• Participates in “Director on call” rotation which may require evening or weekend work on occasion.
Equipment to be Used