ProHealth Care is seeking an innovative and strategic leader to fulfill the role of Director of Enterprise Applications and Services. The Director of Enterprise Applications and Services at ProHealth Care is an exceptional opportunity for a strategic leader with strong IS application operations experience to make a significant impact by leading the Enterprise Application Services division. The Director will be responsible and accountable for creating the enterprise-wide application strategy for ProHealth Care, in addition to providing overall leadership and direction for the teams charged with supporting clinical and business applications. The Director will work with the CIO as well as IT senior leadership and ProHealth Care executive management to ensure the application strategy aligns with the organization's strategic goals and initiatives. The Director will oversee all employees in the Applications and Services division and collaborate with all other departments toward the accomplishment of the ProHealth Care strategic goals established in the overall organizational strategic plan.
This Director position will report to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and will have budgetary responsibility for both operating and capital budgets for their division. This role requires close collaboration with the CIO, and coordination with peer Information Technology (IT) directors as well as the Chief Medical Information Officer (CMIO) and other organizational leaders. The incoming Director will be expected to assess the current state of the departmental structure and continue development of the high-performing and service-oriented teams. She/he will be innovative and a visionary with the ability to anticipate future innovation needs of the organization. The Director will be a collaborative leader and change agent with excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships at all levels across the enterprise. The capacity to create partnerships is critical for the success of the Director role.
This position requires an emotionally intelligent innovative leader, who can strategize as well as execute. The Director will be a genuine and inspiring executive who can motivate a team to accomplish professional, personal, and organizational goals. The candidate will be a true mentor with the ability to develop, manage and grow the team while understanding the motivations of a generational workforce. She/he will be a strong communicator and be able to build trust and credibility with physicians he/she supports. The Director will work with the Director of Business Intelligence to sustain, plan and support the future growth of the organization's robust analytics infrastructure to meet the clinical, quality and operational needs of ProHealth Care.
The Director Enterprise Applications and Services reports to the VP/CIO ProHealth Care, Inc. Reporting directly to the Director of Enterprise Applications are the following positions: Manager's/Supervisors/Lead over various clinical and business applications. Different levels of Epic trainers, and application analyst.
The Director Enterprise Applications and Services collaborates with the other senior IT executives to ensure strategic development and management of information resources and technology across the continuum of care to support achievement of ProHealth Care mission and strategic goals and objectives. The Director Enterprise Applications and Services will partner with the Director of Technical Services; Director of Business Intelligence; and Director of Enterprise PMO to develop, support and collaborate on the ProHealth Care IT planning and operations. The Director Enterprise Applications and Services will work with IT governance to prioritize IT project related requests to ensure valid business cases as appropriate.
This is a director level position in a demanding, elite community based healthcare environment. ProHealth Care is seeking an individual with the following qualifications to make a long-term commitment to the organization:
- BA or BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Nursing or other related program or equivalent experience accepted in lieu of education
- Ten years of relevant IT work experience in medium to large, progressive healthcare systems.
- Seven years experience with information systems and EMRs with at least five years of leadership experience implementing and managing integrated EMR and ERP in a medium to large, complex healthcare setting; prefer Epic and Infor/Lawson experience.
- Experience managing up to 75 direct reports
- Demonstrated strength in building and articulating a vision and setting technology goals
- Understanding of current Enterprise Applications and Application trends, costs and benefits
- Experience implementing and supporting data integration platforms and Enterprise Service technologies.
- Experience as a business focused, change driven and credible leader in a medium to large healthcare system.
- Experience managing multiple complex systems implementation projects with depth of experience in application portfolio management.
- Experience managing multiple strategic initiatives while maintaining exceptional customer service standards
- Experience presenting findings/recommendations to executive level audiences
- Demonstrated ability to build and establish positive relationships with stakeholders and staff at all levels
- Strong interpersonal skills and leading change effectively