ABOUT THE ROLE:VTS is the market-leading software platform for commercial real estate, and currently powers leasing on one in three office buildings in the U.S. Over 50% of the top 100 owners in the U.S. have selected VTS as their technology partner.
We have ambitious growth plans to expand our product footprint across multiple property types and geographies, and are seeking an experienced engineering director to scale and lead multiple engineering teams based in New York.
Our ideal candidate has a strong track record of driving and inspiring excellence in engineering execution,supporting and coaching engineering managers, recruiting and developing high quality talent, andpartnering with other functions to deliver differentiated innovation and value to our customers.
What You'll Do
- Partner with engineering and product management leadership to identify and execute on product opportunities that deliver differentiated innovation and long term business growth.
- Directly own major strategic initiatives, and partner on execution and design of key departmental processes such as recruiting, strategic planning, performance management, career pathing, L&D programs, etc.
- Recruit, develop and mentor new and seasoned engineering managers, technical leads and engineers.
- Foster a culture of engineering excellence at VTS by enabling and empowering engineers in cross-functional teams to deliver high quality software that solve real customer problems.
- Experience leading productive engineering teams, including coaching and supporting engineering managers and senior engineers.
- Strong coaching skills and a history of achieving results through empowered cross-functional teams.
- Sufficient technical expertise to weigh technical tradeoffs, and add value to technical discussions and decision making.
- Ability to thrive in a high-growth environment requiring a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
- Capable of representing engineering concerns broadly within VTS, and of building effective partnerships with leaders in other disciplines.
- Driven by achieving customer outcomes and capable of translating customer needs into technology strategy and execution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
We Take Care of You
- Competitive compensation packages, including equity
- Great medical, vision, dental, and commuter benefits
- Fantastic location with easy walk to most major subway lines (Bryant Park)
- Generous family policies
- Training and career development programs for everyone
- A company that embraces and celebrates diversity401K plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Team lunches, company happy hours, ample snacks and drinks