Are you a highly motivated individual with a strong foundation in Software Development and Hardware Design? In this role you will be Managing Software and Hardware Engineering teams, product design processes, and lead new product development by working with sales, manufacturing and service teams to ensure products are delivered on time and within budget. The Director of Engineering will be responsible for building and leading the company's technology strategy as it pertains to customer requirements. Key knowledge areas: embedded and application software, system level architecture, RF, Matlab, FPGA, and Hardware design.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
1. Drive new product development and enable BMS|Data911 to develop next-generation products for customers with the expectation of being first to market.
2. Institutionalize engineering mindset to leverage software as top differentiator for new product definitions.
3. Define product roadmaps in collaboration with key customers and maintain future-focused product plans and concepts.
4. Mentor and motivate a team of talented Software, Hardware, and Mechanical Engineers maximizing team and market growth through continuous development of new products.
5. Establish and stimulate development standards and processes along with best practices for delivery of scalable, high-quality products.
6. Lead the Product Review Board to drive differentiating software and hardware systems.
7. Establish and execute system-level specifications to meet or exceed target system performance.
8. Drive complete project life-cycle from concept through End-of-Life.
9. Keep abreast of technology, companies in the industry, and potential product partnerships.
10. Identify current gaps in BMS|Data911 technology offerings and engineering capabilities to establish resource and product development planning.
11. Meet quarterly and annual performance goals for profit and loss, capital appropriations, and customer satisfaction metrics.
12. Assist in other job duties as required.
Manage and lead engineering operations and team to align with strategic goals of the business. Partner with Human Resources to address staff needs such as recruitment, training, performance, termination, etc.
Valid Through: 2019-10-25