About the Role
As the Director of Engineer at SmartHop, you will have the opportunity to lead the platform architecture, product releases and software development for the company. With the goal of scaling the business, operational teams, and digital interactions with customers.
You will play a vital role in all aspects of the company’s success, from creating the best possible platform through best-in-class field engineering practices, creating highest standards for operations, hiring and managing talented software / product teams, steering the business through data and analytics, motivating the operational team, while leveraging creative problem solving on every occasion.
The role is centered on continual improvement and high quality. It requires a highly versatile and well-rounded leader, someone who can create and deliver several products but also roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. It’s the intersection of leadership, analytics, creativity, and problem solving that makes the SmartHop Director of Engineering an exciting and challenging job.
Location: NYC preferred; options in Miami or Remote.
- Lead several technical teams of software engineers to deliver quality software on time.
- Design the whole software architecture and algorithms.
- Coordinate and help implement cloud-based software components and interfaces.
- Integrate and test different components from all teams .
- Align teams priorities based on product requirements and roadmap.
- Consider non-functional requirements such as security, border cases, and scalability.
- Maintain Test and debug code practices
- Maintain source control process.
- Deploy in development and production environments.
- Analyze systems performance, security, and stability.
Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related.
- At least 8 years of working experience in software development.
- At least 4 years leading a team of multiple software development / component teams.
- Proven algorithm design and coding patterns.
- Proven distributed software architecture design.
- Microservices / Redundant architecture design principles.
- Engineer level Math and Statistics knowledge.
- Experience with Node.js, Redis, MongoDB, Kafka,React.js
- Real-time / Robu applications
- UX/UI design principles.
- Big-Data management and deployment experience.
- Git code management and deployment.
- CI-CD / Testing process experience.
- Google Cloud components management.
- Tech hiring experience
- Must have experience leading with Agile methodology.
- Highly motivated and results driven.
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results.
- Quality and elegant coding skills.