$250K — $500K+*
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. United by our core values and our purpose of helping people thrive in the brave pursuit of next, our 20,000+ people in 53 offices around the world combine experience across technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession to accelerate our clients’ businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value
As a Director of Engineering you are expected to be a hands-on Solution Architect and Technology Delivery Lead for critical and/or large engagements for Publicis Sapient's clients.
Our Directors are responsible for delivering the "big picture" vision set by the client technology lead and create software design, guide the development team during implementation, and support a smooth rollout.
You will be responsible for the technical direction of projects, design patterns, software structure, frameworks, and algorithms. You will be empowered to drive innovation by coming up with new and exciting ideas to creatively solve issues, as well as proactively look for opportunities to improve the design, interface, and architecture of the products. You will enable the team to leverage industry-standard frameworks, coding practices, and development tools.
You will develop and maintain relationships with key technical client partners. Enhance the Publicis Sapient brand by driving award submissions and speaking engagements. You will drive the preparation of large client workshops to communicate key themes from technology interviews.
You are expected to be a thought leader and hands-on practitioner in one or two areas within enterprise software development ecosystem.
* Understand functional, non-functional, and resiliency requirements and elicit technology solutions
* Evaluate solution options and lead solution design using best practice/design patterns
* Strong representation of industry best practices for critical software delivery and implementation experience
* Estimate and plan tasks for the solution
* Take ownership of the solution from end to end, and be responsible for translating functional requirements into a solution
* Be a Subject Matter Expert in 1 or 2 areas of the platform build and teach/motivate/grow technology teams
* Strong development background with latest Architecture trends in at least two areas of the following - Java/Java EE Technologies, Modern User Interface development, Web/Cloud/Data Design Patterns, Data-Intensive or High resiliency application platform development, Big Data / Data lake platforms, Cloud Native Engineering
* Experience of Micro-Services solution development and delivery, experience with APIs design and development
* Experience of design and implementation of external services integrations (using REST, SOAP and/or ESB)
* Strong background using various libraries, framework, and patterns in Enterprise Java (or Python or Other) technology stack
* Experience in solution architecture
* Experience in solution building around cross-cutting concerns (security, monitoring, caching, etc.)
* Drive templates and documentation of detailed design specifications
* Develop/invent highly innovative, complex and critical solutions
* Prior experience with agile development, continuous delivery, and DevOps
* Build & release management using technologies like Maven and Gradle, Continuous Integration like Hudson, Jenkins, source code management using GIT
* Strong experience in delivering solutions consisting of one or more Relational Databases like Oracle, MS SQL Server designing a normalized or de-normalized database, writing complex SQL queries & stored procedures and analyzing & performance optimization
* Strong experience in delivering solutions that require profiling an application to troubleshoot issues, monitoring system performance (CPU, memory, processes, threads, network, etc.)
* Experience in working with a globally distributed team across North America and India
* Excellent communication skills to effectively and clearly communicate across functional and technical teams
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Self-motivated, energetic, organized, driven and result oriented
* Take initiatives and work independently without constant supervision
* Comfortable in a client-facing role and have project experience in working with teams on large scale, long-term projects
* Ability to gracefully handle multiple projects and clients in an energizing environment
* Passionate attitude with willingness and enthusiasm to own your growth
* Alignment to Publicis Sapient’s vision and core values
* High attention to detail and commitment to quality
* Frequent travel may be required
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science with 15+ years of experience or a related field
· Master's degree in computer science with 10+ years of experience or a related field
Valid through: 5/5/2021
$130K — $170K + uncapped commissions