Director of Engineering
11 - 15 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
The EngineeringDirector will support capital projects and provide all technical leadership at the plant from idea generation and concepts through exploration of options and technologies.
As a member of the Leadership Team, this position will participate in the development of annual and long-term strategic growth plans and profitability targets to maximize business performance, speed of execution at the lowest marginal cost while strengthening the Company’s reputation as a world-class leader in performance fabrics.
The EngineeringDirector will report to the Vice President of Operations; this individual will utilize and improve existing engineering operational excellence methods, systems and strategies to aide in the Company's overall operational execution.
They must be closely aligned with his or her colleagues and will be called upon as an expert in defining and implementing engineering strategies.
The Ideal Candidate
- 10+ year’s progressive experience in a comparable industry with5years Engineering leadership experience at the plant or multi- plant level of a $100M to $200M business.
? Prior work experiencewithEngineeringexperience in a manufacturing company.
? Engineering Manufacturing experience is preferredwith emphasis on Quality Improvement, Supplier Development, Lean Practices and maintaining high levels of Delivery Performance.
? Skilled in integrating him/herself into a high performing existing organization in a diplomatic, tough-minded and productive fashion.
? Reputation as a strategically oriented executive who delivers results.
? Must possess excellent leadership skills as well as strong business acumen, understanding the specific engineering challenges of manufacturing and supply chain environment.
? Highly engaged and hands-on strong proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, excel and word applications are expected of every executive.
Competencies & Qualifications
· Strong leader
· Spirit of cooperation up, down and across the organization
· Honest and trustworthy
· Open to learning and listening; willing to make the decision after listening to input
· Select and empower middle-management leadership without the need to micro-manage
· Assess input from staff and the ability to have staff problem solve
· Manufacturing background
· General understanding of financial matters as it relates to manufacturing division
· Sense of fairness