Procurify Engineering has a vision of becoming “the company in Vancouver where the best technologists want to work”. To us, this means being a place where difficult and exciting technology problems are being tackled, and where engineers are given the autonomy to direct their own work. It means being a place where risk-taking is encouraged and where engineers are supported by their team and by leadership in pursuit of their goals.
At Procurify, our team is reinventing spend culture by helping businesses achieve greater visibility into their company's spend. Our platform allows organizations to track purchasing company-wide while gaining a comprehensive insight into their spending data. We also:
- Closed a USD 20 million Series B round in Spring 2019
- Recognized as one of the top 20 Technology Companies of 2020 in Canada
- Have grown to 130+ Team Members
- Have helped our customers report more than $7 Billion in spend through Procurify
We are looking for a Director of Engineering at Procurify, to lead technical strategy and execution for our spend management and payments platform.
What you’ll work on:
- Partner with leadership in Product Management and Product Design to envision, develop, and execute our product roadmap.
- Work closely with Product Development Leadership to set the technical direction for your portfolio.
- Work closely with Engineering Managers to provide operational and tactical guidance to help product development teams operate calmly and effectively to achieve outcomes.
- You’re an experienced programmer. You enjoy helping teams solve technical problems. When needed, you roll up your sleeves and help.
- Build a deep understanding, and educate the team about the needs of our customers.
- Maintain and foster a collaborative learning environment that helps team members to grow and do their best work.
Qualities you may have:
- The ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Experience managing engineering teams with a strong record of shipping
- A portfolio of successful projects and learning experiences
- 5+ years of hands-on software engineering, ideally with building web/mobile applications at scale
- Experience and interest in collaborating across different business functions, such as design, product management, customer success, marketing, and sales.
- Demonstrated ability to hire, grow, and retain talented engineers
- Experience working with accounting and finance products
- A degree in Computer Science or a similar field
Procurify is a place where your personal growth is a real priority; where our values help shape our decisions, mistakes are expected, and being true to yourself is encouraged. We truly believe in investing in our people, and here are a few things we offer to show our team we care:
- Procurify is an all-remote, fully distributed company. You can work wherever you are happiest (within Canada for tax purposes).
- We have embraced a four-day workweek - take Friday off, forever.
- Flexible work hours, unlimited responsible time off
- Vision, dental, and extended health benefits.
- Bucketloads of events including charity, community, and in-house learning sessions.
- A safe, supportive, and inspiring environment where people from all walks of life are welcomed and encouraged to maximize their potential.