We are actively looking for people who are excited about our mission and excited about helping our journey to make things like sitting at the DMV, getting a Driver’s License renewed, or paying a court ticket mobile and quick. Join us in a world where the promise of ‘government of the people, by the people, for the people is fulfilled.
About the Director of Engineering Role:
The Director of Engineering will manage, support and provide direction and leadership to Team Mangers and Leaders. Candidates must possess a history of strong leadership, deep practical development and technical knowledge and a proven track record for timely project delivery, project management, cost control and customer satisfaction. This successful candidate must be able to work effectively in a team environment and will interface closely with the Quality Assurance, Project Management, Finance, Marketing, Client Success, and other departments. The desired individual is someone who will bring knowledge and creativity to the position as well as have the discipline to drive results.
What You’ll Need to Have:
- 12-15 years experience in a technical environment. 8-10 years of people management experience with 3-5 years managing multiple teams.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to write clear, measurable, achievable goals and objectives.
- Strong People management skills. Ability to build strong, self-managing teams.
- Budget planning and management experience
- Knowledge of monitor, how to set up and scale servers for an ecommerce environment
- Able to evaluate HW & SW needs for the projects and evaluate necessary third-party products
- Ability to schedule/assign tasks/estimate duration/completion times within an Agile framework.
- Agile, Extreme Programming, Rapid Prototype Development, SCRUM knowledge
- Good multi-tasking skills. Ability to handle multiple teams and multiple projects.
- Good project planning skills. Project Management skills
- Solid knowledge of software development and product ship cycles.
- Demonstrated flexibility
- Excellent communication skills and good presentation skills
- Experienced using Visio, Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Strong technical skills
- Engineering core skills (data structures & algorithms, coding, formal test techniques, etc.)
- Experience developing web-based applications, preferably public web site components with international audiences, ecommerce with shopping carts and serving large amounts of data, text and multi-media
- Knowledge of GitHub and feature flagging
- Knowledge of AWS
- Knowledge of setting up environments such as Dev, Test, Staging and Production
- Knowledge of CI/CD techniques and the ability to instruct groups how to deploy products for continuous integration with rollout and fallback procedures
- Ability to work in a mixed platform environment
- Experience with developing, deploying and maintaining international web-based eCommerce systems
Desired Skills (Bonus Points For):
- Design and architecture skills
- Experience using Collaboration software
- Experience using bug tracking systems such as Jira
- Knowledge of User Stories and Scrum tools
- Knowledge of component, workflow and sequence diagramming
- Knowledge of User Stories
Why Work For Us:
- Our most important resource is our people. We value your feedback and have a unique environment where collaboration and bottom-up feedback about the problems we are solving is critical to our daily success.
- Saving someone’s day is a rewarding way to spend yours. We tackle complex challenges that are interesting to solve, and directly impact the lives of our neighbors, friends and ourselves.
- We know how to have fun and work toward something bigger than ourselves.
- Competitive salaries along with an excellent benefits package.
- Flexible and friendly work environment. We offered flexible working arrangements long before a global pandemic forced other companies to adapt.
- We believe our culture permeates throughout our product and service, so it’s one of customer-first.
- We’ll provide all the resources you need to do your best work.