About The Role:
Passport is looking for an experienced engineering director to lead and grow our Parking and Permits space in Charlotte, NC. This is a full time technical leadership role overseeing all aspects of the applications and systems within your responsibility. This role will report to the VP of Engineering.
- Own the full application lifecycle for Passport's Parking and Permits applications.
- Lead and coach a diverse set of engineering managers and engineers tasked with the development of our Parking and Permits Products.
- Develop and execute a vision to transform the systems you are responsible for into our next generation platform.
- Work with business partners to create, maintain, and meet a delivery roadmap that meets the highest priority business needs.
- Contribute to the maintenance and evolution of Passport Engineering's technical roadmap; including target state plan, standards and best practices, and other longer horizon focuses.
- Contribute to the growth of Passport's Engineering culture as a technical leader in the industry.
- Be an ambassador for Passport Engineering within the company and in the wider community
You love building things. You operate with empathy. You have experience and a passion for leading and coaching engineers. You are obsessed with chasing perfection, knowing how to balance it with pragmatism. You have a strong technical background and know how to plan for multiple time horizons simultaneously. You thrive in a dynamic environment and have a knack for bringing clarity to cloudy situations. You deliver, by properly managing expectations, being on top of things, and driving to finish. You have strong decision making instincts, and work collaboratively with your team and peers to validate your instincts. You are quick to recognize your mistakes, no matter how minor, and are open with your team about them. You want to be a part of building a world class engineering culture in Charlotte, NC.
- 10+ Years developing Enterprise Grade Software Applications
- 5+ Years leading and managing large engineering teams (10+ people) to architect, develop, and maintain complex web products and mobile applications
- A working understanding of Agile principles and how to apply them in a pragmatic way to achieve desirable business outcomes.
- A proven ability to work with Product Management, and other business partners, to decompose business needs into a delivery roadmap.
- A proven ability to recruit, hire, train, develop, and motivate Engineering talent at various levels of experience
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and authentic leadership
Nice to have:
- Extensive AWS Experience
- Experience migrating from a monolith to microservices
- Experience managing multiple teams/managers