Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US. We welcome applicants from all 50 states. Employees based in the San Francisco area also have the option to work out of our office as desired.
We built Mode from the ground up as the best product for Analysts and Data Scientists. But as we grow, we find ourselves serving far broader audiences — entire companies from Finance to Operations to Marketing to Engineering, and everything in between. For many of our customers, we are the source of truth for analytical decision making.
Now, our challenge is to building new experiences for larger audiences interested in leveraging data, while maintaining an experience that analysts trust to power their day to day. Mode's engineering team is entrusted with delivering on that vision and we are looking to bring in an empathic leader to help inspire the team to perform and grow at the highest level.
What you'll do
- Enable the Application Engineering team to deliver outstanding value to the business by ensuring operational excellence at every level
- Ensure well-defined career paths and growth opportunities for every engineer as well as exceptional coaching to Engineering management team
- Define and enforce quality standards for the organization and build processes to help achieve that goal
- Work with stakeholders across the company and on the executive team to ensure that the team is delivering value to Mode's business
- Recruit world-class engineering talent with deliberate and effective hiring strategies
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as part of the engineering leadership team
What we look for
- Prior experience managing engineering leaders
- Analytical mindset and strong prioritization of engineering investments that lead to maximum impact
- High degree of empathy and concern for team and individual outcomes
- Preference for fast-paced environments with tight feedback loops and continuous delivery