The Director of Engineering will oversee his/her regional Facility Engineering and Maintenance function of Lineage Logistics and is responsible for providing strategic direction, oversite, and operational support of all refrigeration and facility maintenance activities.
The Director of Engineering will initially have three main areas of focus:
- Implement vision and strategic roadmap for the engineering function within a transformational and growth oriented organization
- Implement an efficient model, process and procedure for allocating capital across the enterprise
- Develop existing and new talent
In addition, the role will have responsibility for multiple direct reports and oversight of regional engineering and maintenance positions within the United States. The role involves oversight of Regional Maintenance Managers in achieving operational efficiencies and budgeted improvement targets. Areas of focus include facility maintenance, refrigeration systems, material handling equipment and oversight of safety and compliance programs.
Key priorities will include establishing and implementing metrics, administering company policies, and identification of energy efficiency opportunities. In addition, you will review and analyze activities, costs, operations, and forecasted data and champion process improvement. In this role, you will manage standard operating procedures and direct the development of a clear talent development path for the roles within the engineering function.
You will build your business plan and model your goals around agreed upon operational metrics. The challenge will be to motivate and lead staff in championing energy efficiency opportunities, LEAN thinking, decreasing cost, improving profitability and building a talent pipeline.
This role will require 50% to 60% travel to facilities within the designated region.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of ten years of successful progressive multi-site senior level distribution and warehouse operations management and leadership.
- S/he will be a respected industry leader with strong market credibility gained through achieving results that delivered bottom-line cost/efficiency management, and exceptional customer relationships
- The successful candidate will have a broad business background to include competency in managing the various functional areas of warehousing, transportation management, IT systems, and supply chain optimization
- Bachelor’s degreerequired; an MBA degree would be a decided plus.
The successful candidate is experienced in the following areas:
- Experience managing capital asset fleet of $100M+
- Value added services (i.e. mechanized sortation, packing, picking)
- Large geographical region responsibility (Ability to manage remotely)
- Development and execution of strategy / annual plans (budget, operational performance, SOPs, workshops, etc.)
- Metrics measurements (i.e. energy efficiency, quality, employee productivity, and safety)
- Demonstrated success in Supply Chain Management, Distribution, Transportation, Inventory Control and Process Improvement
- Employee training and development (hiring, evaluation, mentoring, succession planning)
- Proven integration of operations and systems requirements
- Continuous Improvement Quality process (i.e. Six Sigma, ISO, Lean)
- BackgroundPreferred (but notrequired):
- Sector Experience (i.e. Refrigeration, Facility maintenance, power plant technology, etc.)
- Safety and efficiency program compliance (OSHA, DOT, LEED, et)
- Develop people and build teams
- Strategic planning and continuous improvement
- Managing vision and purpose
- Drive for results
- Focus on the customer
- Managerial courage and making tough decisions
- Ensures Accountability
- Communicates Effectively
- Tech Savvy
- Optimizes Work Processes