$200K — $250K *
We are looking for a Director of Engineering who is passionate about leading product development, has a strong interest in building Consumer experiences for ecommerce platforms applying marketing technology stacks and wants to join our collaborative team to help build excellent products. You will report to VP of Consumer eCommerce within the McAfee Consumer organization. Working at our Santa Clara development center, you will exhibit a deep understanding of consumer websites, marketing technology platforms, eCommerce platforms. You will provide technical leadership in the areas of software design, development, and manage a team of engineers. This is an amazing opportunity to contribute to the McAfee mission to help protect consumers using lead edge cyber security solutions by building world class capabilities that leverage our unique first party data to power personalized journeys and omni-channel interaction to help consumers buy and engage with our products online.
About the Role:
• You will review product requirements and lead the design, architecture, and implementation of highly scalable platform solutions that power our ecommerce website and marketing technology stack (CMS, email, personalization, journey orchestration)
• You will be customer obsessed and build products that deliver optimal experiences
• You will work closely with the marketing operations, and development teams to design and develop consumer products
• You will have people management responsibilities including hiring talented individuals, performance management, feedback, and appraisal.
• You will prepare detailed plans, manage product releases, do effort estimation and effective time management.
• You will drive quality initiatives like code reviews for early defect detection, unit testing, best practices for secure development, and scalability within the development teams
• You will actively measure code coverage of the unit tests to identify areas of focus, and other metrics to identify areas of brittleness in the code, producing dashboards to provide data to the team
• Your team will define detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases for the product
• You will use your experience in agile development/testing practices, and develop failure mode scenarios to ensure efficient release testing
• We will ask you to help optimize the software testing process and procedures to make them more efficient
• Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent. Masters/Ph. D preferred
• Min. 12-15 years of software development experience.
• 5+ years of experience as a Manager of a product development team.
• Need experience building consumer facing SaaS products, ecommerce platforms, marketing technology products.
• Experience integration with CMS technologies, A/B testing frameworks, email platforms, audience segmentation platforms, CDPs, DMPs
• Experience in the following areas
o Building scalable applications in cloud-based environments
o Relational database system such as MySQL or SQL Server
o Working with a NOSQL system such as Cassandra or CouchBase is highly desirable.
• Building partnerships and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and the ability to collaborate with internal and external parties including Development teams, Program/Product managers, Technical Publications and other Project Stakeholders.
• Experience in Software Development principles and methodologies such as Agile
• Positively adapting to project changes and multitasking.
• Have excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
• Experience in working remotely with teams would be useful to have
• Anything above that gets you an enthusiastic high-five and bonus points for having experience in the computer security industry.
Valid through: 11/26/2020
$200K — $250K
24 days ago