We are seeking a strong, energetic, Manager of Engineer who is looking for an exciting opportunity with a growing company engaged in the engineering and manufacturing of Capital Equipment under ASME code
Reporting to the President of the company the Director of engineering is responsible for providing strong leadership, project management, mentoring and management to a group of young engineers engaged in the engineering, design, and new product development efforts of the company. In addition he/she will conduct ongoing review of designs and processes associated with current products to ensure product integrity. Provide timely assistance to marketing and manufacturing in support of quotation and order activities and development of cost reduction plans to achieve goals established in our annual business plan.
Successful Incumbents must be motivated to manage, mentor and deliver results in fast paced changing environment and be excited to grow along with the company and take on additional responsibility.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity you will need to have:
- 10 to 15 years of experience A minimum of 5 years? experience managing mechanical, electrical engineering/design teams
- Experience in new product development in small engineering job shop environment manufacturing capital equipment
- Project Management experience in small manufacturing job shop environment manufacturing capital equipment
- Experience with, Solidworks, AutoCAD, DesignCalcs or experience using PV Elite.
- Experience with Compress a plus
- Experience managing engineering teams engaged in the engineering of Capital Equipment under ASME code.
- The ability to understand interactions between engineering roles and production environments
- Ability to manage and mentor a group of young engineers
- Proven ability to coordinate and work with Sales and Marketing on new product development
- Track record of reducing engineering costs while increasing efficiency
- Knowledge of welding and wielding symbols is desired
- PE desired