Engineering Planning / Management:
- Develop and implement robust processes and procedures throughout global organization to ensure high-quality design, development, product launch, product quotation, and project management activities for the global organization
- Partner with Operations Team to implement improvements to project management tools, new and commercial product validation, product launch activities such as proof of concept, validation testing protocols, reliability testing and experimental design.
- Drive enterprise strategy and continuous improvement culture throughout engineering organization by using “80/20” tools to simplify the engineering processes and meet annualized cost reduction and innovation growth targets.
- Support Hartness’s culture of world class quality by ensuring appropriate manufacturing releasedates, robust engineering inputs to FMEA & control plan activities and support for root cause/corrective action investigations at the supplier, manufacturing floor and customer level.
- Manage all aspects of innovation team; properly prioritize, schedule and utilize the available resources and capital assets to improve productivity and shorten product development cycles across the entire Division.
- Working with commercial, operations and finance team, support highly accurate forecasting and outlook models on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Working with the commercial leadership team, develop strategic pricing strategies on equipment and services to meet and exceed target margins.
Team Leadership and Development:
- Lead and develop talent to maximize individual, team and organizational effectiveness. Foster a culture of engagement, cascading vision, and goal alignment
- Coach through feedback, development planning and performance management to drive and improve overall retention of top talent
- Grow technical skills such as new industry leading technology, equipment knowledge and project management skills
- Build a strong pipeline of talent to ensure a diverse high performing organization.
- Support summer intern and co-op program by providing high-value relevant projects in key business areas.
Product Portfolio Management:
- Drive portfolio simplification efforts (PLS) and standardization - modular design philosophies to align product portfolio to growth segment needs.
- Partner with Strategic Marketing Director to assess Hartness Innovation Portfolio to re-prioritize high-value projects in support of segmentation and present top projects to Leadership Team with project plans and timing consistent with innovation priorities.
- Implement standard processes to continuously enhance product line through VA/VE, quality and DFM improvements.
New Product Development:
- Develop and drive New Product Development/Introduction strategy aligned to customer-back innovation with goal of creating significant top line growth through innovation; perform new technology investigations aligned with customer-back initiatives.
- Manage all aspects of Intellectual Property including: identification/creation of new technologies, patent fillings, and knowledge of competitive patents
- Work closely with Product Line Managers and outside influencers and/or suppliers to keep abreast of new technologies and unique products being introduced in the marketplace.
- Partner with the leadership team to develop and execute Annual and Long Range Plans based on in-depth understanding of market segmentation, technology trends, customer needs & pain points, and competitive position.
- Drive the development of meaningful metrics that measure the innovation pipeline, project delivery, track KPI progress, and advise/update all key stakeholders on a regular basis.
- BS degree in Engineering required; MBApreferred
- 10+ years of related progressive experience in engineering, setting strategic direction and product development.
- Manufacturing experience and analytical acumen required; experience with equipment or automation preferred.
- Capital project management and cross-functional product development experiences preferred.
- Drive for results with strong financial acumen required; experience with P&L management preferred.
- Strategic thinking with ability to accelerate and influence change.
- Clear and effective communicator.