MaxLinear is seeking a Director to join our growing, global Engineering IT team. In this role, you will focus on:
- Identify technology needs and make recommendations to business decision-makers
- Plan, manage and lead the execution of upgrade/improvement projects within the Engineering IT team
- Collaborate with engineering teams to schedule and manage the execution of upgrade/improvements projects
- Lead an international team that support and maintain the ongoing operation of Engineering IT data centers at various international locations
- Lead a team performing analysis, configuration, installations, upgrades, monitoring, maintenance, troubleshooting, patching, compiling, securing and repair of Linux servers in a heterogeneous environment
- Lead a team that maintain custom scripts and stored procedures to automate repetitive tasks and improve consistency in operations and maintenance activities; this may include creating scripts using various languages such as Bash, Python, or PHP to automate various tasks in multiple environments using Puppet
- Provide technical expertise for system design, installation, configuration, tuning, capacity planning, troubleshooting, and problem resolution
- Maintain system documentation
- Perform system analysis, make recommendations on server configurations, and implement changes in multiple environments including test / development and production
- Implement proper system patching to address security vulnerabilities and accurately report security incidents
- Maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems by following established security protocols and practices; analyze systems and keep systems current with changing technologies
- Experience with project management, preferably within a semiconductor engineering company
- Experience with team management and cross-department project management
- Demonstrated success in deploying new technologies or workflows
- Experience with the installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of both physical and virtual Red Hat Enterprise Linux based application servers, database servers, and proxy servers running RHEL/OEL versions 8, 7, and 6
- Experience with the installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of enterprise level storage environment using NetApp storage devices or equivalent
- Experience with the installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of compute farm scheduler such as IBM LSF
- Experience with the installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of virtual environment using VMWare platform or equivalent
- Demonstrated success in automating server builds, standardizing images, and managing Linux systems via central management tools such as Fog, Ansible, Satellite, Spacewalk, or Puppet, etc.
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment, collaboratively working to resolve problems spanning multiple disciplines
- Proven experience using and supporting a wide variety of open source technologies and tools including:
- Information Security
- HPC Analytics
- Enterprise Monitoring
- Ability to come up to speed quickly on complex systems, perform technical research and thoroughly document findings
- Self-starter who likes to be challenged and solve tough technical issues
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related with 10+ years of experience
MaxLinear is a global, New York Stock Exchange-traded company (NYSE: MXL) where the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well. We are a fabless system-on-chip product company, striving to improve the world’s communication networks for everyone through our highly integrated radio-frequency (RF), analog, digital, and mixed-signal semiconductor solutions for access and connectivity, wired and wireless infrastructure, and industrial and multi-market applications.
We hire the best people in the industry and engage them in some of the most exciting opportunities that connect the world we live in today. Our growth has come from innovative, bold approaches to solving some of the world’s most challenging communication technology problems in the most efficient and effective manner.
MaxLinear began by developing the world’s first high-performance TV tuner chip using standard CMOS process technology. Others said we couldn’t achieve the extremely high-performance requirements using CMOS, but we proved them wrong and achieved enduring global market leadership with our designs. Since then, we’ve developed a full line of products that drive 4G and 5G infrastructure; enable data center, metro and long-haul optical interconnects; bring 10Gbit to the home; power the IoT revolution; and enable robust and reliable communication in harsh industrial environments. Over the years, we’ve expanded through organic growth and through several acquisitions that have perfectly complemented our existing portfolio and enabled us to deliver complete end-to-end solutions in our target markets. One such example was the acquisition of Intel’s Home Gateway Platform Division that added Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and Broadband Gateway Processor SoC technology to our connected home portfolio creating a complete and scalable platform of connectivity and access solutions to fully address our customers’ needs.
Our headquarters are in Carlsbad, near San Diego, California. We also have major design centers in Irvine and San Jose, California; Waltham, Massachusetts; Vancouver, Canada; Valencia, Spain; Bangalore, India; Villach, Austria; Munich, Germany; Israel; and Singapore.
We have approximately 1,500 employees, a substantial majority of whom have engineering degrees and include masters and Ph.D. graduates from many of the premiere universities around the world. Our employees thrive on innovation, outstanding execution, outside-the-box thinking, nimbleness, and collaboration. Together, we form a high-energy business team that is focused on building the best and most innovative products on the market.