Who We Are:
iStreamPlanet creates leading-edge technology to solve the core challenges of OTT media. We deliver the end-to-end video workflow from signal acquisition to the streaming app experience — all focused on the fan. We are trusted to stream the most valuable live sporting events including the Olympics, Super Bowl, NCAA March Madness Live, and more. Our media and entertainment customers including Fox, FuboTV, Hulu, and Turner rely on us for their 24x7 live media workflows. We are obsessed with our customers, technical innovation, and high-quality video. We are committed to delivering the best experience to the fan whenever and wherever.
What Part Will You Play?
Growth and demand has created an opportunity for a Director of Software Engineering.
As the Director of Software Engineering at iStreamPlanet, you will lead and manage all aspects of our software development life cycle from strategy through development to production, as well as building and leading a world class engineering organization.
What Will You be Doing?
- Lead, manage and build a best-in-class software engineering organization.
- Build and foster a high-performance culture, where you provide your team with the tools and motivation to make things happen.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of engineers on your team to continuously improve our software engineering practices
- Collaborate with executive leadership on technology strategy
- Facilitate regular team stand-ups, resource planning, and code reviews
- Participate in cross-functional planning and reviews with key stakeholders
- Drive the evolution of our product development process to optimize productivity, quality and agility
What Do We Need From You?
- You have 10+ years of experience managing software engineering organizations
- Proven career in creating and managing high performing teams.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done at high quality.
- Strong architecture, design, and implementation skills with a strong understanding of one or more coding languages (Go/C/C++/C#/Java/Swift/Python).
- Experience with distributed computing and tools.
- Demonstrated technical leadership in designing highly scalable products end to end, overseeing the design, architecture, and meeting customer requirements.
- Strong understanding of network principles, e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, Multicast, DNS, Virtual LAN, RTP, SSL/TLS.