The Director of Engineering – International, is responsible for the planning, organizing and executing Engineering Department projects and assignments that develop technology and innovation, in NWF locations outside of North America. These locations include, but are not limited to, our facilities in the UK, Europe and the Asia/Pacific Region. In addition, this role will provide leadership, management, training, and direction to the select corporate Project Managers and Project Engineers in support of the completion of engineering projects – on time, within budget, and of a quality delivery.
- Provide leadership and direction to select Corporate Engineering Team Members, in concert with the company's strategic vision, growth, and efficiency goals.
- Apply logic in problem-solving and analysis of alternatives to assess the financial and operations impact of business initiatives.
- Assess critical information to make effective decisions or recommendations.
- Promote development of strong working relationships among Engineering, Manufacturing and other company departments.
- Build consensus across functions as project team leader on complex projects and initiatives.
- Develop project scope of work, solicit proposals, complete bid analyses and lead contract negotiations as required to meet business needs.
- Develop and implement engineering designs in specific technical functions within manufacturing, packaging, or distribution to improve efficiencies, increase capacity and reduce costs.
- Develop project plans that define scope, schedule, budget and business impact and risks.
- Oversee testing, evaluating and preparation of specifications of equipment and services/trades which may require drawings, sketches and calculations.
- Oversee competitive pricing, prepare purchase requisitions, schedule and coordinate equipment deliveries, services or trades.
- Ensure compliance between Newly Weds Foods equipment, construction, safety standards and governing agencies.
- Oversee the Project Managers & Engineers during installation and startup of projects assigned to Engineering staff, closely monitoring field reports and any required change orders.
- Manage project budgets and approve project-related invoices for payment.
- Responsible for preparation of an annual Capex budget for International Divisions.
- Review all aspects of the company operations and propose ideas to management for operational improvements on an on-going basis.
- Provide Engineering support in the due diligence process of company acquisitions.
- Responsibility for subordinate employees may also include the following:
- Administer employee appraisals and salary reviews and provide employees with feedback.
- Resolve and assists employees in solving work related issues; providing employee guidance/direction, counsel and motivation.
- Perform other duties or special projects as required.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or Technically related discipline.
- Advance degree in Engineering and/or MBA or equivalent preferred.
- PE license a plus.
- Direct experience working for or with Engineering consulting firms preferred.
- Familiarity with construction contracts.
- Ten plus year's experience in Engineering and/or Project Management. Food or directly related industrial experience highly preferred.
- Experience with CAD, process and electrical controls, new installations and retro-fits are beneficial.
- Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, organization skills and general knowledge of Adobe applications, Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes.