Director of Engineering, Human Digital Interfaces
Mobiquity is a rapidly scaling digital engagement player with more than 400 colleagues around the world. We envision, design, create, and optimize compelling, game-changing digital solutions across all channels (think: mobile, web, voice, and IoT), combining our strengths in strategy, data science, and engineering.
Technology and innovation drive what we do, and human experience inspires how we do it. We not only advise our Global 2000 clients but also love to build and launch products using realistic and pragmatic strategies.
We are hunters, nerds, thinkers, tinkerers, and true believers in creating moments that change people’s lives. We are makers, designers, marketers, data scientists, and coders who take pride in what we craft. And we are bright minds who find inspiration in those moments of engagement that we deliver to millions of people every day.
We work within a wide variety of industries and have deep expertise in sectors including healthcare, consumer, retail, communications, and financial services. We’re also proud to be an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Consulting Partner, as this top-tier honor is one of many qualifications that differentiate us from the rest.
What you’ll do:
The Director of Engineering, reports to the VP of Engineering, is the steward of software development talent and engineering culture, and is responsible for the oversight, and mentorship of the US Human Digital Interfaces (HDI) team. This role will be responsible for identifying new talent, coordinating and conducting onboarding and training programs (such as Mobiquity’s Onramp program), as well as oversee resource management and ensure ongoing professional development opportunities for all engineers on the HDI team. In addition this position works with the staffing team to match skills with project needs and oversee the deployment of resources to project assignments. The key performance indicators for this role are measured in quality, velocity, unit cost, and overall customer satisfaction.
- Drive the definition, creation, and maintenance of Mobiquity’s Programming Practices, Standards, and Conventions (PPS&C) with regard to mobile, web, and other user facing technologies
- Support our sales and solutioning teams, providing approach recommendations, task definition, effort estimation, and client presentation support
- Be responsible for the quality and velocity of our HDI development team
- Collect, manage, and report upon key performance indicator (KPI) metrics in order to improve and maintain delivery quality
- Participating in recruiting process to identify new talent to join the HDI development team
- Collaborate with the operations and client delivery teams to make project staffing decisions based on skillset, experience, and availability
- Provide subject matter expertise around development disciplines which exist to provide users the ability to interact with technology, including web browsers, mobile devices, and IoT sensors
What you've got:
- Experience with enterprise system user interface conceptualization, creation, and delivery
- Deep understanding of native and hybrid mobile applications, modern and responsive web applications, voice interaction models, and IoT technologies
- Experience with Amazon Web Services as a delivery platform for mobile and web applications
- Experience working with cross discipline teams of creative, engineering, and system operations
- Experience with regulated (e.g. PCI-DSS) and validated (e.g. HIPAA) solutions
- Experience defining the standards and processes required to successfully build enterprise solutions
- Experience managing teams of dozens of engineers in a widely distributed set of regions, both onshore and offshore
- Understanding of the importance and value of metrics to the overall quality of systems development
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to both engineers and management, as well as client stakeholders
- Experience interacting with client stakeholders across business and technical domains
- Ability to resolve technical issues and identify risks by building consensus among technical stakeholders
- Experience working across engineering and visual design organizations to optimize delivery
What we're looking for:
- Hands-on enterprise application architecture and design experience
- 10+ years of engineering team leadership
- Experience working in matrixed organizations
- 5+ years software development experience with large enterprise level applications
- Experience designing and developing systems using an AgileScrum methodology
- Experience building and delivering applications in a Professional Services company
- Experience delivering high quality systems and software in a budget and time constrained environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with non-functional attributes of enterprise solutions (e.g. security, load balancing, and performance)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines and 5+ years experience in professional software development