Cognizant Technology Solutions is seeking a Director of Engineering for our software products as part of Cognizant’s Accelerator team. Within the Accelerator team, you’ll be working with both the existing product ventures as well as the startups in the LaunchPad program. You will be expected to manage other engineering managers but not necessarily developers directly. You will interface with the Business Unit (BU) Heads as part of your collaboration process.
For the existing ventures, you will need to be able to direct the teams to both maintain existing systems as well as potentially implement modern replacements with direction from the Principal Architect using Agile and Lean methodologies. For the LaunchPad program, you’ll be working with startup leads as they figure out the customer needs and build their minimum viable product (MVP).
Teamwork and collaboration is highly valued on our team and you will help to contribute to a positive and diverse work culture. Good written and oral communication skills necessary for this role.
Travel: Must be able totravel 25% of the time.Travel to India will berequired.
- You have 10+ years of professional web development experience
- You have 5+ years of managing software development teams, managing remote teams a plus
- You’ve seen projects fail and projects succeed and can explain why either happened
- You have worked on teams using .NET or Java on the back end and can integrate seamlessly with one or both of those technologies
- You know how a successful software engineering team works
- You’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team
- You have excellent communication skills
- You can still write code, but you’re committed to building and leading teams
- You enjoy agile practices such as pair programming, TDD, story planning, etc.
- You have worked using lean methodologies and can be a champion of lean within the organization
- You enjoy mentoring others just as much as you enjoy solving hard problems
- You have familiarity with modern web frameworks – Django, Rails, Node.js, React JS, Angular
- You have experience in the Insurance or Life Sciences space