KGUN 9 and KWBA in Tucson are both stations owned by E.W. Scripps, a company whose rich in media history while staying focused on the future. We also have the unique ability to partner with our 4 radio station partners, which reside in the same building. Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners with our 33 television stations and 34 radio stations across the country. From this position of strength in TV, Radio and Digital, we are working to stay ahead of the ways in which people use technology to find news and information. Regardless of what platform we use, we will always ascribe to our longtime motto: "Give light and the people will find their own way"
We're seeking an experiencedDirector of Engineering who will assist with the design, specifications, documentation, oversight and installation of all systems and equipment for multiple stations. Develop and maintain thorough understanding of existing facilities and work toward making units safer, cohesive and responsive to departments within station environment.
- Effectively manage the planning, design, installation and repair of all television, mobile and internet systems and equipment.
- Evaluate and maintain the spectrum and broadband usage of the facility.
- Motivate and manage a staff of professional maintenance engineers, operators and IT technicians.
- Coordinate projects; manage the scheduling of personnel; and plan, design and document on-going and future television and online systems.
- Work with related departments; in the determination of current and future studio and transmission needs; in the preparation and tracking of capital, expense, repair and maintenance budgets; in the evaluation of equipment prior to purchase.
- Communicate professionally with individuals and groups within and outside of the station. Communicate on a frequent basis with all other departments.
- Maintain good personnel labor relations. Identify training needs, motivate and develop staff to meet the on-going and future technological needs of the station.
- Keep the station compliant with the FCC Rules and Regulations, as well as related local, state and federal regulations. Work with Corporate personnel in particular areas of common interest.
- Perform other duties as needed and as directed by the General Manager and Sr Dir, Engineering.
Education & Experience/Certifications
- An associatedegree in electrical or electronic engineering from an accredited institution is preferred.
- A BSEE degree is advantageous
Skills & Abilities
- Must have an understanding of electronic, electrical, mechanical and information systems.
- Valid Driver's License, good driving record and ability to provide proof of insurability with company required insurance limits.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners, with 33 television stations in 24 markets and a reach of nearly one in five U.S. households. It also owns 34 radio stations in eight markets. Scripps also runs an expanding collection of local and national digitaljournalism and information businesses, including multi-platform satire and humor brand Cracked, podcast industry leader Midroll Media and over-the-top video news service Newsy. Scripps also produces television shows including "The List" and "The Now," runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and serves as the long-time steward of the nation's largest, most successful and longest-running educational program, the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."