DivisionTelevisionLocationKMGH - TV Denver-30339Description
KMGH-TV, the Scripps owned ABC affiliate in Denver, CO seeks to hire a Director of Engineering. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of success in designing, building, managing and maintaining broadcast television facilities with a history of exceptional strategic and creative solutions that deliver reliable, technically sound TV and digital products. You must be able to work and communicate effectively across multiple departments. You will be an exceptional leader who approaches your team's work with a customer service attitude, offering quick and accurate solutions to critical issues in a live broadcast and digital environment. We are looking for the best of the best!
Primary Purpose - What you'll be doing
Assist with the design, specifications, documentation, oversight and installation of all systems and equipment for KMGH. Develop and maintain thorough understanding of existing facilities and work toward making the Engineering unit cohesive and responsive to all departments within station environment.
- Effectively manage the planning, design, installation and repair of all television, mobile and internet systems and equipment.
- Responsible for long term capital planning.
- Evaluate and maintain the spectrum and broadband usage of the facility.
- Motivate and manage a staff of professional maintenance engineers, operators and IT technicians.
- Coordinate projects; manage the scheduling of personnel; and plan, design and document on-going and future television and online systems.
- Work with related departments; in the determination of current and future studio and transmission needs; in the preparation and tracking of capital, expense, repair and maintenance budgets; in the evaluation of equipment prior to purchase.
- Communicate professionally with individuals and groups within and outside of the station. Communicate on a frequent basis with all other departments.
- Identify training needs, motivate and develop staff to meet the on-going and future technological needs of the station.
- Keep the station compliant with the FCC Rules and Regulations, as well as related local, state and federal regulations. Work with corporate personnel in particular areas of common interest.
- Perform other duties as needed and as directed by the General Manager and Sr. Director, Engineering.
Education & Experience/Certifications
- Minimum of Associate; Bachelordegreepreferred
- Minimum of 5 years experiencepreferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory, staff and project management experience in a complex television production facility.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners, with 33 television stations in 24 markets and a reach of nearly one in five U.S. households. It also owns 34 radio stations in eight markets. Scripps also runs an expanding collection of local and national digitaljournalism and information businesses, including multi-platform satire and humor brand Cracked, podcast industry leader Midroll Media and over-the-top video news service Newsy. Scripps also produces television shows including "The List" and "The Now," runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and serves as the long-time steward of the nation's largest, most successful and longest-running educational program, the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."