Are you an Engineering Manager looking for your next big step in your career? Are you ready to provide leadership, direction and control for all aspects of new product development and new product launches and are open to positions in Northern Indiana? If so, this might be the position for you!
Top Reasons to Work with Us?
- Ability to propel ahead of other candidates as we here at Career Transitions have direct access to hiring authorities with our clients!
- Don’t be left in the dark! We provide regular communication and updates throughout every step of the process.
- All of our recruiters have several years of experience to be able to provide you with constructive feedback in order for you to have continued success in your job search!
What’s in it for you?
- Global manufacturer with 22 manufacturing sites and Product Sales to over 100 countries across multiple industries!
- Committed to Sustainability! Combining profitability with social and environmental responsibility in order to leave a better world for future generations!
- High ethical standards and a code of conduct that stipulates fair and ethical business practices built on international standards and regulations!
You as Team Member:
- Be at the forefront of growing this business unit!
- Excellent compensation package that includes salary, annual bonus, and relocation!
- Excellent benefits that include health, dental and vision. Basic Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance—offering Short-Term disability to employees at no cost to you! 401K, Vacation and 11 paid Holidays—including your BIRTHDAY!
What will you be doing?
- Execute the product road map as laid out by Product Management and Supervise direct reports by monitoring their projects and direct individual projects.
- Use time-management in order to fulfill projects on time and within budget.
- Benchmark competitor products and use to monitor competitor activity.
- Promote new product idea generation through implementation of creative problem solving.
- Create positive team structure.
- Drive Quality, EBIT and Project Delivery improvements.
- Manage group budget.
- Oversee the creation and management of 3D models, 2D drawings and the overall procedures for new product development while continuously ensuring quality and thorough documentation.
- Develop new product concepts that meet company standards with minimal day to day direction.
- Utilize problem solving skills to navigate through complicated issues and be able to provide solutions.
- Maintain quality through various design and process testing and analysis.
- Provide problem resolution and technical expertise through direct communication with suppliers and customers.
- Act as a brand ambassador for within the organization and to suppliers and customers.
- Collaborate within company across geographical regions and departments to share knowledge, solve manufacturing problems, standardize design, and achieve best-practices.
- Coordinate project and product endeavors with manufacturing facilities globally to ensure understanding of product needs.
- Prepare and facilitate all technical reviews, demonstrations and presentations to internal and external organizations. Participate in required meetings, briefings and strategic planning with other departments and/or upper management.
- Participate in professional and technical development activities.
What you need for this position?
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field.
- TEN plus years of experience including five or more years in an engineering management role.
- Strong Project Management and resource planning skills.
- Mechanical Aptitude is required
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes including die casting, injection molding, extrusion and metal fabrication.
- Professional experience using Solid Works for 3D modeling and 2D drawing.
- GD&T, FMEA, and Classification of Characteristics experiencerequired.
- TS16949 and APQP knowledge.
- MS-Office, Power Point, and Excel competency.
- Solid communication skills-both verbal and written.
- Self-directed, self-starter and STRONG analytical skills.
- Positive attitude with ability to manage in tough situations.
- Must be able to travelinternationally.
What we’d like to see BUT not a showstopper: