About the Role
Reporting directly to the VP of Data Science & Engineering, the Director of Engineering will lead the DeveloperInfrastructure team that is responsible for ensuring data scientists and engineers can develop, test, and deploy high quality machine learning and analytics products at scale safely and efficiently. The role will support a team of 100+ data scientists and machine learning engineers. More specifically, the role will assume the following responsibilities:
- Conceptualize and lead the vision and strategy for developerinfrastructure for machine learning and big data for the company
- Manage team responsible for our CI pipeline, deployment, environment, frameworks and tools.
- Work across the company and other departments to build relationships, collect learnings, and incorporate learnings into the org. Evangelize best practices.
- Educate the org on best practices for testing, deploying, and implementing machine learning models and code.
- Build a team that is collaborative and high performing.
- Lead the team’s adoption of best practices like auto scaling, containerization, and infrastructure as code
- Engage in conferences and external activities that facilitate staying abreast of the latest cutting edge technologies and approaches.
Who Are You?
- A thought leader. You can think ahead and build infrastructure for the future. You can communicate and command the respect of executives and developers.
- Proven track record of success building infrastructure at scale.
- 2+ years experience managing people. Strong leadership skills. You can motivate and grow your people.
- Experience making CI and CD a reality with tools such as Jenkins, Travis CI, or similar
- Deep experience building and managing release orchestration
- Maximize the benefits of logging, monitoring, error tracking, and alerting
- Experience in Python, Java or Scala
- Solid understanding of key internet protocols and internetworking: HTTP, firewalls, proxy servers, VIPs, load balancing
- Experience with AWS and/or GCP
- Practiced and perfected understanding of micro services architecture
- Experience with Spark/Hive/Hadoop a strong plus
- Experience with machine learning a strong plus.
- Ability to manage, coordinate, and integrate the cross platform and multi-technology production environments or lead efforts and situations that span multiple groups within the delivery and support organizations