- Lead a newly established and growing internal engineering team on all design and document production efforts for multiple, complex new construction and remodel projects.
- Provide strong technical, practice-based leadership and project quality assurance/quality control to establish and ensure Life Time engineering standards on all projects.
- Partner with Life Time Construction and Operation’s teams to establish and evaluate engineering systems on an on-going basis. Provide solutions that are appropriate for their intended use while providing the best value.
- Trouble shoot issues that arise in existing clubs and provide technical expertise to successfully resolve such issues.
- Establish processes and systems with all external consultant partners to ensure quality and consistency between all projects as it relates to systems design and document deliverables.
Examples of Work Performed
- Lead the design and production efforts on all internally-prepared projects to ensure documents are prepare to the highest quality and consistency.
- Evaluate, access, and provide guidance for selection of on external engineering consultants on a project-by-project basis to assist in reducing consulting engineering costs while providing Life Time with the best value.
- Collaborate with Life Time Construction for change order and contract review, code resolution, existing store solutions and innovation analysis.
- Ensures adherence to both industry and Life Time standards and best practices.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering.
- Ten-plus years experience in leading the design/engineering efforts and managing teams in design and production of construction documents for complex building types.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with interdisciplinary teams including real estate development, architecture, construction and club operations
- Experience in prototype and/or large scale roll-out experience preferred.
- Demonstration of strong leadership, and ability to motivate and develop staff.
- Registered Engineer in MN and availability to become registered in other states