The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online and in real life at our brick and mortar locations. Founded in 2011, we're growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart and creates a foundation of trust with shoppers and consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. We're proud to promote the circular economy and to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation's prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative and innovative, and we're looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother's room, and flexible work hours!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the development of new features for buyer web platform.
- Manage a team of 10-15 software developers.
- Oversee execution of internal processes for managing customer end-product services.
- Complete data modeling in SQL, use indices to improve query performance, and use transactions to maintain data integrity. Implement advanced machine learning and computer vision techniques.
- Oversee provisioning of apps and data pipelines on AWS and Heroku cloud platforms.
- Collaborate with senior management, product management, and engineers and recommend system upgrades and introduction of new technology.
- Implement computer vision and data processing systems.
- Lead the design and development of product requirements for company's software.
- Build robust, supportable software with automated testing of the application development process.
- Apply advanced understanding of Go, Ruby on Rails, Kafka, Elixir, and Erlang.
- Bachelor's degree in information systems
- Five (5) years of experience in software engineering
- Experience managing 10+ member teams of software engineers and overseeing execution of internal processes for managing customer end-product services
- Experience overseeing provisioning of apps and data pipelines on AWS and Heroku cloud platforms
- Ability to provide technical/software development leadership and architectural guidance for Go, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Kafka, Elixir, and Erlang applications
- Experience in data pipeline, machine learning and computer vision to support over 3000/images per minute.