We are looking for a Director of Engineering to join us leading our Business Services teams. We help over 40 million monthly visitors save money and discover phenomenal deals at their favorite retailers. The Business Services teams are critical to delivering this experience.
The Business Services teams deliver frictionless experience in discovery and redemption of savings while at home or in the store. We use analytics data, shopping pattern and location data to inform our offer personalization. We build solutions to handle complex challenges in real-time and distributed systems. We constantly add new ways to provide more content and incremental value for our users and merchants.
Who You Are
- You have experience leading technical teams to deliver business solutions
- You're passionate about building and mentoring high performing engineering teams
- You have software development experience
- You have experience in agile software delivery
- You love the idea of using technology and data to power unique user experience
- You are result oriented and have a creative mindset to push beyond the boundaries
- You have keen instincts for analytical analysis, technical discernment and risk assessment
- You're a leader who cares about your team members and invests in their growth.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, or related quantitative field or equivalent self-study as well as a strong analytical background
- You have 5+ years experience in engineering leadership
- You are familiar with key elements of the data science ecosystem
- You have great communication and teamwork skills
What You'll Do
- Inspire, lead, and develop teams of software engineers who are building innovative solutions that will improve how consumers save money when shopping
- Mentor managers and individuals and guide them to achieve their career goals
- Define organizational OKRs with Product and other partners and goals for the engineering team
- Implement reliable and efficient processes to accelerate development and improve quality
- Guide the technical direction and scaling efforts
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
Who We Are
- We have an open environment where engineers are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We have lots of smart people to work with and learn from
- We work on large scale challenges with a variety of technologies
- We have a great open vacation policy
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you enjoy.