- Coordinate and operate, in an economical, legal and safe manner, all H, L, P and R&M for the hotel.
- Inspect physical plant and equipment, and shall supervise maintenance and preventative maintenance program of that area.
- Coordinate with other departments all work necessary to maintain general conditions, safety and health standards set forth by hotel policy and legal requirements.
- Interview, hire, counsel, train, and discipline engineering associates, in coordination with the Director of Associate Services.
- Directly supervises H, L, & P associates in operation and control of utilities to provide efficient operation of hotel services and comfort to guests.
- Recommend to management possible projects for future capital budgets. Obtain bids, supervise and coordinate contractors in performance of project work.
- Maintain own and hotel's special permits and licenses as required by local authorities.
- Control schedules, staffing and payroll of H, L, P, R&M. Compile personnel records, logs utilities and keep Engineering records.
- Process purchase order in Birchstreet.
- Open and close work request in Synergy.
- Adjust temperature in hotel BMS.
HOTEL SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain historic property while following company guidelines in addition to historic requirements.
- Possess knowledge of Spa maintenance and be certified or obtain certifications necessary in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to be a Certified Pesticide Applicator \ Certified Pool Operator.
- Assist in other departments as needed and manage a positive relationship
- Conduct monthly departmental meetings
- Computer (Opera, Oracle, Birchstreet, Kronos and Microsoft Office)
- Facsimile machine
- Carts, Tables, Chairs, and Linens (room setup)
- Painting/finishing tools
- hardware equipment, ladder and push to talk radio
- Photo-copying machine
- File folders
- Filing cabinet
- Four years experience as a hotel/resort Director of Engineering
- Must have extensive facilities maintenance. HVAC and mechanicalexperience.
- Prior resort engineering experience and proven leadership experiencerequired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be willing to work weekends and at any other times as required.
- Ability to work in the interior and exterior of the hotel/resort.
- Experience managing a crew of 10 or more.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance.