The ATA Director of Engineering (DE) is a key company leadership position. The DE is expected to provide technical expertise across ATA’s broad program portfolio, and to lead, supervise, and mentor ATA’s technical staff. The DE serves as the Company’s Chief Engineer (CE), responsible for defining and updating ATA engineering processes and practices.
The DE must be a proven and effective leader who drives effective execution and technical integrity in all ATA programs. The DE is expected to be broadly informed and current about the technologies demanded by ATA programs and the engineering best practices in our industry.
- Lead and supervise the ATA Engineering and Production Group Leads
- In collaboration with VP for Strategic Development, the VP for Business Development, the Director of Programs, and the President, ensure leading edge expertise in the technical staff that evolves with the ATA Corporate Vision and ensure technical resources are available to meet all program requirements
- Responsible for tailoring, execution, maintenance, and improvement of ATA engineering processes necessary to meet Company goals
- In coordination with ATA Quality Manager and Director of Programs, ensure compliance with engineering and management policies, processes, and procedures
- In support of Campaign Leads, Program Managers, Quality Manager and Engineering Group Leads, ensure excellent technical execution of ATA programs, and establish and report technical performance metrics to Corporate leadership
- Coordinate Company investments in engineering tools and use licenses, and ensure excellence for technical staff development plans
- In support of Campaign Leads, coordinate IR&D project planning to ensure long-range Company strategic goals are achieved
- Support program and proposal technical reviews in collaboration with VP for Business Development, Director of Programs, Director of Washington Operations and Director of Technical Services
- Collaborate with Engineering Group leads and Human Resource Department in support of technical staff recruiting and acquisition processes
- Lead technical implementation and assessments supporting ATA export control processes
Required Education and Experience
The ATA Director of Engineering is expected to possess excellent supervising and management skills with a high degree of technical cross-disciplinary domain knowledge.
- Master’s degree in Engineering: 15+ years engineering experience total with 5 years technical management experience
- Extensive supervisory experience of technical staff and proven ability to mentor junior technical staff
- Expertise with engineering processes, tools, and best practices across our industrial sector, and expert in “right sizing” processes and procedures to Company needs
- Expertise in systems engineering methods and tools
- Export control knowledgeable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A U.S. Citizen able to obtain and maintain a US Department of Defense Security Clearance
This job operations in a professional office environment. This position routines uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines and other equipment as needed.