With extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage engineers across multiple teams and locations, a large product budget and oversee the deployment of large-scale projects across multiple sites internationally.
Android is one of the leading operating systems today, powering more than 2 billion monthly active smartphone and tablet devices, as well as computing verticals such as TV, auto, wearables and IoT. Media and Graphics are core foundations of the operating system powering the biggest digital streaming services and gaming titles in the industry.
We are looking for a senior engineering director to oversee our successful media framework, graphics and gaming team. Media encompasses the entire stack for both audio mixing and streaming, professional music creation, video playback and recording, codecs and much more. Graphics encompasses both our 3D API surfaces as well as core OS functions such as compositors, buffer streaming/manipulation and hardware interfaces. Gaming is focused on helping game developers get the best out of Android from game engine optimization through to debuggers and tools.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Deliver on annual and multi-year development plans across media, audio and gaming working closely with product management.
- Work with Android silicon and device ecosystems to deliver robust hardware interfaces.
- Work across Google, collaborating with projects such as Chrome, Chrome OS and Hardware.
- Work with the media, game engine and game developer communities to deliver high quality features and APIs.
- Grow and manage a high-performing team of engineers successfully.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience and track record working with operating system frameworks with a background in media, graphics, and gaming.
- 10 years of experience in recruiting and developing talent and managing global, geographically distributed teams.
- Strong product sense coupled with an ability to take an developer perspective.
- Entrepreneurial drive, demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external clients.