Situated at the northern end of Napa Valley off the famed Silverado Trail, Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley will offer experiences will capture the imagination of even the most seasoned wine country visitors. With 85 luxuriously appointed guest rooms in a single-story and two-story villas scattered among the oaks and vines, along with 20 Residences. The resort is all set to open in 2021.
The Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley is looking for a talented Director of Engineering and Security. This person will be responsible for overseeing the operations of both departments. This candidate must have solid project management skills, mechanical aptitude, a strong work/ethic, and can adapt to changing priorities.
The Director of Engineering and Security forms part of the Hotel Leadership team who collectively make key strategic and operational decisions for the Resort & Residences.
- Responsible for all Engineering Operations for the entire Resort facilities including, but not limited to electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, HVAC , commercial kitchen equipment, valet laundry equipment, painting, carpentry, hardware and locks, pools, spas, water features, grounds and landscape, and energy management / green initiatives.
- Responsible for Life/Fire safety systems, CCTV, Emergency response equipment, and systems and equipment necessary to ensure the safety and comfort of guests and employees.
- Lead and Coach a team of Engineering and Maintenance specialists who are responsible for all of the engineering operations necessary to maintain a World Class Resort second to none in the State of California
- Maximize the performance of the Engineering Team through effective planning and strategies to manage operating budget costs including labor, purchasing, inventory control, contracts, utilities and CAPEX projects.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with the Resort Team and our Guests with a focus on helping everyone achieve their goals
- Responsible for all of the security and safety operations throughout the Resort including, but not limited to the Resort's physical security and safety systems and associated equipment.
- Lead and Coach a Team of Security Officers who are tasked with protecting the health and safety of our Guests and fellow Team Members’ cases.
- Lead the Health and Safety Program to protect and educate our Guests and Team Members following all guidelines and laws recommended by Local, State and Federal authorities
- Review and develop policies and procedures as required to comply with the Resorts crisis management plans.
- Oversees the insurance claims process as necessary in General Liability and Worker's Compensation cases.
- Displays warmth, care and genuine enthusiasm when dealing with guests and internal customers; lives the Golden Rule
- Participates in resolving events and incidents involving guests and team members including, but not limited to, disorderly conduct, thefts, suicides, bomb threats, employee or guest accidents, fire or safety hazards, robberies, terrorist activities, civil disturbance, power or elevator failures, medical assistance and natural disasters, fraud & cyber-crime activities and food hygiene risks faced by the hotel/resort.
Preferred Qualification and Skills:
- Five years previous management experience in hotel or building engineering and security operations. Previous experience in the US is preferred. Previous experience in pre-opening and managing defect rectifications.
- Working Knowledge of mechanical systems, DDC controls, Building Management Systems, Preventive Maintenance Programs, CCTV systems, Fire Alarm /Life Safety Systems, local, state and federal regulations regarding property operations and security.
- Professional degree in an Engineering discipline, trade degree in a specific technical field relating to Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical/Civil Engineering) or CEOE – Certified Engineering Operations Executive from the Hotel and motel Hospitality Association, Building Owners Management Institution (BOMI) designation, Real Property Administrator (RPA), Facility Management Administrator (FMA) or Systems Maintenance Administrator (SMA)
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities, and be willing to accept assignments on as need basis, in order to promote team work. This may include some evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Some travel is required for training, conferences and special events.
Must already be legally permitted to work in the United States. Applicants without valid work authorization for the United States will not be considered.
For internal non-US Four Seasons applicants, please contact your People + Culture (HR) Department with questions about management transfers.
About the company:
Four Seasons prides itself on the commitment to the Golden Rule philosophy, and strives to provide the best possible experience for both our guests and employees. Because of our employee-centric approach, Four Seasons has been listed in the FORTUNE Magazine “100 Best Companies to Work For” rankings every year since 1998.
Some Benefits Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley employees can enjoy:
- Competitive Salary & Wages
- Excellent Training and Development opportunities
- Complimentary accommodation at other Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Complimentary Employee Meals
- Complimentary Parking
- 401k Retirement Plans