DUTIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNTIONS:
- Foster a climate of Safety, Urgency, Accuracy and Timeliness.
- Effectively manage the Engineering dept. to provide the highest quality services to our internal and external customers, by ensuring compliance to Quality & Production Policies / Procedures & Site Protocols.
- Provide reports and professional interpretation of data to executive management to ensure timely actions.
- Ensure that all Engineering functions are supported by the most talented employees. Hire, train, motivate, monitor and evaluate performance of dept. employees. Ensure employees follow established safety procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices when performing duties in manufacturing depts. Counsel, record, and discipline as necessary.
- Develop direct reports to ensure best practices in all aspects of their job responsibilities.
- Maintain dept. discipline to ensure the most efficient and safe use of manpower and time.
- Assure all department employees attend training in their job and safety requirements as established by guidelines.
- Jointly investigate accidents, completing all necessary documents and ensuring effective corrective action is taken.
- Hold subordinates accountable for performance
- Ensure that all contractors comply with Cacique Inc. safety procedures, GMP's & SOP's.
- Develop and implements effective SOP's. Ensures that SOP's are followed.
- Manage department assets to assure maximum and most efficient usage for production.
- Continually and critically evaluate all work activities as a basis for change or improvement which will eliminate potential safety hazards, increase productivity or reduce costs.
- Maintain safety standards.
- Establish strategic initiatives, goals and budgets. Establish department initiatives & goals to support plant objectives. Achieve or exceed budget goals.
- Maintain working knowledge and skill in operating equipment utilized under his/her supervision with a focus on Continuous Improvement.
- Assure compliance with established company recording forms and data reporting documents and take corrective action concerning deficiencies.
- Exercise good judgment and discretion in the use and care of company assets under his/her supervision.
- Through creative thinking, generate and present new ideas for products, methods and procedures.
- Leads and participates on project team for technology development/capacity expansion in the organization. Manage projects from inception to successful completion.
- Provides engineering and technical support to all locations for PLC, engineering and process improvements.
- Stays current with all regulations related to the operation of pressure vessels, waste water, or other processes as assigned. Ensures that is in full compliance of all regulations required for the operation of the business.
- Supports plant maintenance depts. in maintaining all Cacique buildings and locations in an effective condition for the production, storage & distribution of RTE & meat products.
- Leads and participates in hands-on troubleshooting of systems and equipment.
- Manages the development and implementation of the best methods and processes to achieve the optimum properties and condition for the manufactured product, while ensuring personnel safety, the production of in spec. finished product and a productive sense of urgency.
- Responsible for various cost-savings programs and projects that have a significant impact on the organization's current and future competitive position.
- Interfaces with vendors to stay informed concerning new manufacturing technology and equipment and their potential application.
- Ensures satisfactory operation of new processes or significantly upgraded process equipment.
- Communicates and shares Company vision throughout division/organization and provide cross-functional perspective, direction and support.
- Creates strategies and processes to support growth and improve profitability.
- Develop effective budgets for financial and resource management.
- Remains up to date with mechanical safety / quality regulations / operational standards and regulatory requirements.
- Drives Company focus & sense of urgency, manages culture, encourages strong work ethic, and fosters an environment of trust and respect.
- Provides leadership and personal support; coaches, guides, nurtures and develops the right people; 'walk the talk.'
- Develops group and individual performance plans in alignment with Company goals and objectives; communicates clearly defined individual and group objectives.
- Communicates and supports Company policies and decisions in a positive manner.
- Responsible for effectively promoting safety awareness and keeping safety as a number one priority on a daily basis.
- Understand, follow, and enforce all policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Solid understanding of manufacturing engineering methods, techniques, and practices.
- CAD knowledge required.
- Ability to manage a number of different projects concurrently.
- Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to set a vision, manage change, develop personnel and strategically plan for continuous improvement of human resources.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and team building skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be self-motivated, self-directed, results oriented and possess good working habits.
- Forward thinking and able to keep up with changes in technology (Adaptable to changes).
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent record keeping skills (Maintains records relating to inventory of parts, preventative maintenance performed, and any future necessary repairs.)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering a plus.
- 8 Years of maintenance experience in Food Manufacturing or Dairy Industry required.
- Minimum of 4 years Mid-Level/Senior leadership/management experience.
- Project Management & Implementation experience required.
- Experience working with contractors installing machinery and modification of existing equipment.
- Advanced PLC application and knowledge required.