Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
Responsible for coordinating and directing the employee relations program and functions for the West Coast Region. Formulates and recommends program goals and objectives in all areas of employee relations.
- Manages employee relations issues including conflict resolution, legal compliance, trend and root cause analysis and provides recommendations for reducing the number of overall employee relations issues.
- Manages the investigation and resolution of employee grievances related to employment claims, charges of discrimination including EEOC complaints and employee relations issues.
- Manages the investigation of policy violations and the grievance resolution process
- Meets with management to discuss possible employment actions to be taken.
- Interviews employees to discuss employee concerns.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Writes directives advising department managers of company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Studies legislation to assess industry trends.
- Writes and delivers presentations to program management regarding human resources policies and practices.
- Participates in policy development.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program
- Five to seven years prior relevant experience
- Ability to influence, communicate and build relationships at all levels.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Knowledge of employment, wage and hour, FMLA and EEO/AA laws, regulations and guidelines
- Hands-on experience interacting with government agencies and responding to government agency requests.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage change and transition;
- Must be able to apply sound judgment, decision-making and critical thinking
- Strong analytical and problem-solving.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to build and maintain relationships with people at all levels of the organization and across a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function
- Ability to utilize and administer the disciplinary action process through coaching and counseling to improve performance or terminate employment
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent required.
Job ID 2018-62887