Position: Director of EHS (Lean Transformation Focused)
Location: Dallas Tx
Compensation: Excellent Base Compensation
Relocation: Relocation Available
Our multi-billion-dollar client is a market leader in their industry. They are seeking to further improve their Corporate Leadership staff with a Lean centric EHS Director as a part of their enterprise wide Lean transformation effort.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key Corporate Director level EHS leadership position within our client, reporting directly to company COO. This position will require an experienced EHS leader with a strong manufacturing industry background who has leveraged Lean as part of their EHS roles(s). This position requires a leader that can facilitate and drive change in a fast paced and "ever changing" environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal and influencing skills. Key to success in this position is the ability to work within the organization, creating value and buy-in as the overall business's EHS leader.
This role, working in conjunction with the business's overall Lean Transformation effort, requires an experienced leader to implement EH&S programs, across all facets of the business
This position will develop and lead the execution of the company's Environment, Health and Safety Program. This includes providing transformational leadership to the retail, distribution, manufacturing and product supply functions, from strategy to implementation. This individual will be expected to challenge the status quo. Reporting relationships include EH&S administrators in each business unit.
- This role will partner with stakeholders, establish the vision for the company's EH&S program, and deploy throughout the Enterprise.
- This role will drive Safety excellence and embrace the role of a transformation leader/lead change agent.
- This role will develop and execute Incident and Accident reduction programs aligned with OSHA requirements.
- This role will effectively lead teams using Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma (5S, 6S, etc.) principles.
- This role will create and launch process improvements that lead to improved safety, OSHA compliance, and employee wellness.
- This role will Lead enterprise and manufacturing sites in developing best practices in EH&S while delivering sustained world class results.
- This role will continuously identify improvement opportunities by securing relevant information, asking effective questions and guiding the manufacturing team through the implementation of improvements.
- This role will ensure alignment with the continuous improvement teams currently deploying Lean across the business's operations
- This role will develop and Implement EH&S key performance measures for the facilities and enterprise wide
- This role will work closely with site leadership and provide guidance and support to Safety Managers leaders.
- This role will act as coach and mentor to site leadership in management and maintenance of EH&S programming
- This role will oversee EH&S training programs and development of Environmentally Conscious and Safe organization.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Requirements
- B.A./B.S. in Environmental or Occupational Health, Safety or Related Scientific Discipline, Business, Engineering or related.
- MBA or Advanced Degree is highly desirable
- Lean and Six Sigma training and certification: Lean Master and/or Six Sigma Champion highly preferred
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma concepts and their practical uses in a production environment.
- A well-rounded experience base that includes direct responsibility for developing and managing EH&S program in a manufacturing environment
- Intimate knowledge of behavioral based safety program methodologies.
- Multi Plant, Multi Geography EH&S Deployment experience.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Behavioral Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- MUST be comfortable facilitating EHS focused Lean Kaizen events,
- Proven ability in strategy development, program implementation, team building, mentoring, planning and budgeting.
- Progressive, flexible and team-oriented person required.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, presentation and motivational skills as well as the ability to be an enthusiastic champion, motivator and leader for all levels of the organization.