- Establish and oversee compliance to regulatory policies and corporate policies and procedures.
- Establish and implement strategies for Loss management, Workers Comp, and Insurance.
- Establish an annual approved strategic plan and operating budget aligned with the Senior Management Team goals
- Actively supports the company values and positively contributes to the overall corporate culture
- Be responsible for the overall direction, of the operations safety groups to improve safety performance throughout the organization
- Drive and implement compliance and training processes throughout the organization to improve the risk performance of the organization
- Facilitate regular meetings with VP, Finance to evaluate department and project budgets along with loss management and leadership responsibility
- Establish an appropriate dashboard and facilitate regular reviews with the operations and senior leadership
- Communicate clearly and directly with employees concerning performance expectations, and accountability ensuring that communication is ongoing, clear, concise, and complete
- Create a sense of urgency and accountability across all functions of the HS&E team and develop the organization to a higher level of effectiveness
- Oversee leadership development and development of technical career paths, apprenticeship programs etc.
- Injury rates, Vehicle accident rates, compliance audit scores, preventative actions completion, costs, notices of violation
- Plans, designs, and carries out programs, projects, studies, or other work independently.
- Creates strategy
- Trains, assigns work to, and checks work of two (2) or more Team members; participates in the decision to hire, fire, and promote Team members.
- Responsible for the overall activities and the results of the entire department
- Food safety and quality assurance leadership, Operations leadership, Finance and Human Resources, Supply Chain
- Work with the front-line management team to establish operational processes and control
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline with specialized leadership training and/or demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through previous experience and education
- Twelve plus (10+) years' experience in Loss Management positions with increasing responsibilities
- Seven plus (7+) years in positions with multiple direct reports; Three plus (3+) years in a role reporting directly to senior management
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or eligibility to sit for CSP Examination
- Prior work experience in operations, food processing or manufacturing a plus;
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have considerable knowledge of OSHA, DOT/FMCSA regulations
- Familiarity with state and federal hazardous waste and stormwater regulations
- Experience in final mile delivery and fast-paced distribution environments
- Current knowledge of regulatory government requirements rules and regulations
- Must have strong analytical and data - driven skill set
- Experience in non - union environments a plus
- Experience with "hands - on" projects
- Must possess strong leadership, communication and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.