Coordinates educational opportunities for the organization’s employees that coincide with strategic goals of the organization. Looks for opportunities to improve the education function as it relates to employee development. Acts as a resource to all departments. Is the liaison between all academia contracts and students rotations within the hospital. Has ultimate accountability and responsibility for E-learning, AHA training center functions, Medical Library, Continuing Medical and Nursing Education (TMA/TNA), on site ADN program, and clinical education specialists.
- Advanced degree in nursing or education required
- 5 or more years of experience as an OR RN and/or in Perioperative education
- RN License, Texas or compact
- Five (5) years experience in Education, preferable in a hospital setting with experience to include management of personnel, payroll, budgets, capital, business planning, marketing, physician relations and management of supervisory position
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the teaching-learning process with emphasis on the needs of the adult learner.
- Ability to interact effectively with various groups or one on one
- Excellent communication/articulation skills.
- Must have the ability to develop house wide and service line programs that fit strategically with the organization’s goals.