ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm is looking for a Director of Editorial Operations to be responsible for managing content operations and supervising short and long term content planning. This role will support a group of talented journalists and content creators to do what they do best in a more effective and scalable way. This role is the right-hand to and will report into the SVP, Content.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Lead support in planning, organizing, and production of content throughout the organization
- Manage editorial calendars and editorial strategy planning and their respective processes
- Own and project manage editorial initiatives from ideation to execution in order to improve editorial operations across the company
- Represent editorial as the subject matter expert and key stakeholder in cross-functional meetings with product, sales, tech, design, operations, and marketing
- Assist SVP, Content in day-to-day operations of the editorial team, including resource allocation and budget planning process
- Oversee publishing schedule for theSkimm.com
- Oversee talent booking process
- Manage content team trainings, ensuring adherence to journalistic standards, voice etc.
- Work with the content analyst to set success metrics around content performance and to communicate goals and trends to the editorial team.
- Manage content-team training calendar to ensure all new content hires are properly trained on current editorial voice and operations
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5-10 years of digital newsroom experience, with 3 of those in an operational role managing similar sizeable publication required
- Experience project managing editorial initiatives
- Experience with short and long-term editorial planning is required
- Proven Expertise and knowledge in latest digital trends, technology and best practices for editorial, commerce content, and SEO
- Proven Expertise with content analytics
- Highly organized, extremely detail-oriented, and able to effectively prioritize workload in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to self-motivate and be a team player across multiple departments
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficient in Wordpress and Asana a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter