We are seeking a Solutions Development Director with a strong background in Economics & Planning within a global Oil & Gas company. The company is a leading international supplier of process technology, products, engineered systems and technical services to the petroleum refining, petrochemical, gas processing and energy industries.
This role is located in the Chicago area (relo is available) and is part of a specialized global team that supports customer's project development and value creation and the Company's technology licensing activities.
The Solution Development Leader leads engagement with customers planning new and revamping existing refining and petrochemical complexes. These projects typically are multi-billion $ investments. In this role, you work closely with the customer as a trusted advisor to create maximum value business solutions that best fit the customer's needs from concept development through project execution to operations. The role is to develop process technology-based business solutions that maximize capital efficiency and net cash margins.
You will also support technology licensing activities on multi-unit opportunities by providing consultancy on the development of complex wide value propositions that are unique to the company.
This role will work both individually and as part of larger teams and will have frequent customer interaction. Within these interactions the leader needs to establish credibility with the customer and ensure their issues are addressed in a timely fashion. They are also responsible for meeting project goals and deadlines within the estimated time.
* Lead engagements with customers to develop complex processing solutions that meet the customer goals and allow projects to progress to further development.
* Use refinery & petrochemicals complex modeling tools to develop and compare configuration options.
* Leverage the knowledge of the company to provide unique, high value solutions.
* Steward the development and execution of opportunities into technology licensing events.
* Work to ensure customer satisfaction through good communication and delivery on our commitments.
* Travel up to 25%.
* Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Technology.
* Minimum 10 years of experience in a leadership/project management role.
* Experience in refining and/or petrochemical production planning, technologies, configuration modeling and analysis.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively drive multiple project teams and interact effectively with other internal and external groups.
* Experience developing and justifying capital projects.
* Strong verbal, written and consultative communication skills.
* Experience with economics & planning.
* Experience programming LP Models.
* Experience using and analyzing LP models
* Capable of working under limited-to-minimal supervision.