At Zones, we enable positive business outcomes through innovative solutions that leverage technology from world-class partners and exceptional service from our team of certified sales, engineering, and supply chain specialists.
nfrastructure, the services division of Zones, is comprised of more than 400 systems engineers, solution architects, and technical specialists who design and deploy solutions in support of our clients’ digital workplace modernization, network optimization, data center transformation, and security fortification initiatives. Our values are simple: work together, learn together – and succeed together. We promote a high-spirited working environment, where teams can collaborate and learn from each other. That’s how we’ve innovated, adapted, and grown for over 30 years.
The Director of Ecommerce will lead efforts to define, design, and execute innovative Ecommerce user interface and experience features, content, and functionality in support of key initiatives and goals. You will direct the team that is responsible for the design, development, production, and analysis for all website assets, online client acquisition, and retention activities, which includes pre-sales consultations, RFP support, client integrations, sales organization demos and trainings, and all associated reporting. In this role, you will optimize the company website for conversion, revenue, and profitability by building a superior customer experience. Specifically, we expect you to continuously improve web services, functionalities, user interface, navigation flow, and look & feel of the website by working cross-functionally to champion the customer’s needs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Director of Ecommerceis primarily responsible for:
- Assist sales leaders to integrate B2B sales within the eCommerce platform and self-service fulfillment, by implementing changes for use by customers and account executives
- Conduct user training on B2B e-Commerce best practices
- Utilizing leading edge e-Commerce design practices to build a competitive website, recommend and implement new features as business needs grow
- Market and cultivate eCommerce sales by training staff to move customer purchases online
- Serve as a liaison with the development team to design and implement new and on-going functionality of site
- Develop and manage content by merchandising products, promotions and services in order to maintain Zones position as a solutions based business partner
- Actualize a business roadmap and strategy for e-Commerce sales, branding and content capabilities, in order to increase online sales
- Identify, recommend, and implement new ecommerce functionality and solutions
- Operate as the business owner for all site development phases from concept to launch including business requirements, user flows/wireframes, functional requirements, QA, and post-launch monitoring and optimization
- Own the Ecommerce content plan and execution
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders in IT, Merchandising, and Marketing, and actively lead efforts to drive the success of all content planning and execution efforts, including management and support of the online merchandising program (co-op)
- Ensure all site content serves to meet channel goals, client expectations, and Ecommerce best practices
- Direct efforts to optimize existing site features including site search navigation hierarchy and faceted navigation (via Endeca), ZonesConnect, the purchase path, Zones marketing equities, and all partner content
- Direct the team associated with online client acquisition and retention activities, including pre-sales consultations, RFP support, client integrations, sales organization demos and trainings, and all associated reporting
- Oversee efforts to regularly capture, summarize, and utilize qualitative and quantitative site assessment inputs to identify market trends, best practices, and new solutions or solutions providers that should be considered and/or applied to website:
- direct usability sessions to obtain customer feedback on current and/or planned site design, perform benchmark assessments of site versus best in class online retailers and competitor sites, etc.
- Manage a team of web designers, developers, producers, and integration specialists
We are seeking candidates with the following experience and skills
- BA in Business or a related field
- MBA preferred
- 5+ years required of progressive leadership experience in Ecommerce preferred
- Direct contributor experience in website management and planning, management of a large volume product catalog, and the on-boarding, management, and support of clients in an ecommerce environment
- Ability to handle a significant level of responsibility, oversee projects and work independently, while also being a team player, and working closely with other department heads and senior management
- Experience defining and implementing innovative solutions and content strategies that lead to growth within an Ecommerce channel
- Proven ability to utilize quantitative inputs to identify trends and behaviors and subsequent actions to take to drive improvements in the online channel
- Passion for defining and executing Ecommerce solutions that drive results and thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment
- Proven success influencing and driving results through cross-functional team members
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong supervisory skills with the ability to expand the capacity of team members through effective employee development, involvement, communication and supervision
- Proven track record for meeting/exceeding goals and objectives
- Demonstrated experience in balancing and managing the creative aspects of building effective e-Commerce customer experiences while achieving the quantitative demands of sales
- Proven skills in marketing, merchandising and customer management