This is a rare opportunity to build a high growth startup inside one of the leading manufacturers and growers of food ingredients in the world. You will get to build the B2B ecommerce business for Olam's Edible Nuts division. This is a high-growth, fast-paced and fluid startup inside a large, industry-leading, and well-resourced company. This person will play a critical role in virtually all aspects of building and scaling the business. They will be a super smart, hard-working, team player who rolls up their sleeves as needed and grows a business.
- Drive rapid revenue growth and build the business into a strong P&L over the long term.
- Develop and continually refine the strategy including target market, value prop, pricing, inventory selection, and customer acquisition, retention and growth.
- Oversee day to day performance and manage or guide key functions including website optimization, analytics, marketing, sales, and operations.
- Identify, prioritize and define requirements to optimize the website. Partner with the internal and external partners on implementation.
- Conduct various analyses to learn, develop strategy, and find growth opportunities. This could include customer research, quantitative analysis, and more.
- Provide guidance and support to marketing agency and internal marketing team on key priorities such as traffic generation, content creation, and more.
- Provide guidance and support to sales function such as who to target and what the messaging or approach should be.
- Provide guidance and support to Operations (Fulfillment and Customer Service) on business needs and prioritization - especially as it pertains to the customer experience.
- Help define and build these new functions from scratch.
- Prioritize effectively across all these areas (this will be key to success).
- Lead implementation across these areas as needed through providing goals, prioritization, guidance, accountability, alignment, structure, process, or resources.
- Be willing and effective in rolling your sleeves up, getting into necessary details and implementing a wide range of activities yourself.
- Communicate and collaborate closely with various leaders and stakeholders.
- Hire, develop, lead, and adapt the eCommerce team as it grows.
- Entrepreneurial general management - previous success in GM role inside a startup
- 5-10 years experience in some combination of high growth business, eCommerce or general management-type roles
- Excellent strategic thinking balanced with detail-orientation
- Action-oriented and executes things quickly
- Excellent prioritization
- Effective communication skills across wide range of functions and levels
- Quick decision making with good judgment
- People leadership - hiring, developing, guiding
- Analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative)
- Intellectual curiosity
- Fast learner
- Creative problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic
- Good with Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor's Degree
- B2B eCommerce experience is preferred
- Google Analytics experience is preferred
- MBA from top school is preferred