The Director of eCommerce will be responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive Internet Marketing strategy to include Branded websites, OTAs, Local Property websites, Social Media and GDS systems for a portfolio of properties. (A focus for the position is to determine opportunities to shift room night share, grow revenue, drive position improvements and enhance the overall customer experience. The position will develop action plans and implement them for each hotel and through 3rd party partnerships or direct management and manage partnerships with OTA market managers. This candidate will work closely with the company Revenue Managers, Property Directors of Sales and brand marketing/channel liaisons. Main duties include:
- Website content management to ensure the Corporate website and hotel websites are always up to date according to brand guidelines to include photography and relevant content.
- Develop eMarketing strategies for the hotels to increase the number of qualified visitors to increase revenues, customer engagement , and search ranking.
- Oversee a digital dashboard of systems for LTD hotels across all verticals including SEO, SEM, mobile, CRM, OTAs and analytics.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive eCommerce marketing plan for hotels and LTD Corporate to include Social Media Strategies and promotions for each hotel ensuring that brand and property goals are met. Develops strategies that grow the social media footprint for each hotel through Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Snapchat. Track weekly results to meet company goals.
- Reputation Management of all online reviews for the hotel portfolio and company.
- Assist the General Managers and Revenue Manager with the preparation of the annual budget in regards to marketing and eCommerce related expenses.
- Performing special projects and otherresponsibilities as assigned. Participating in task forces and committees as requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and or ability required.
- 2 years of Internet Marketing or eCommerce experience in the Hospitality/Travel Industry or related field
- 2 years of analyzing performance reporting and/or eCommerce sales metrics
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Hospitality Marketing fields
- Experience with the hotel industry a plus
- Content Management and Web Analytic experience
- Must be able to manage and complete multiple project assignments with detail and accuracy
- Attention to detail, sense of urgency, ability to meet deadlines excellent organizational skills and a proactive personality are required for success
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules in support of the business needs of the company
- Represents the company in a professional manner and attire at all times.
- Must be willing to work with different levels of management and associates as a team player.
- Show initiative, strive for excellence, accept responsibility and be goal oriented.
- Must have extensive experience in Excel (formula creation/formatting/pivot tables,) PDF, Google Drives and Search Engines