Our client, a global technology organization is seeking an experienced engineering professional to join their team, located in the SF Bay Area to work in the capacity of Director of Ecommerce Engineering. The chosen candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining a large global eCommerce platform used to market all branded consumer-grade offerings globally. The platform support 150 countries, 17 languages and 28 global currencies and processes more than 80% of the revenues. The ideal candidate will possess previous experience and responsibilities for the technical direction, development and management of several engineering teams split across US and Asia-based development locations, focused on supporting the global eCommerce operation.
*Attract/retain, Select/hire, and promote high caliber talent to achieve the objectives of the CBU eCommerce teams across US and Asia.
* Develop the proper organization structure and chain of command which leads to organizational effectiveness and a high performing team
* Motivate, coach and mentor peers and direct reports to foster and continue their performance and growth
* Develop an in-depth understanding of the eCommerce platform and its interconnection within the larger company eco-system (Entitlement, ERP, public cloud provider, physical fulfillment provider)
* Work with Product Managers and Owners to interpret new requests from a broad set of cross functional stakeholders.
* Work with developers to ensure that the platform implementation is maintainable and extensible to accommodate future development and maintenance.
* Ensure that any relevant software development and in particular security standards are adhered to by the team.
* Maintain and evolve an efficient and effective, R&D development processes that is in-line with the Consumer Product Life Cycle (currently Agile Scrum).
* Provide tactical engineering leadership
* Collaborate and partner to ensure the eCommerce platform design and architecture requirements are supported now and in the future.
Best Industry ? IT, Technology
Best Department ? Software Engineering
Bachelor's degree in an Engineering/Computer Science or a related technical discipline is required. MS is preferred.
15+ years of software engineering experience is required.
Technical experience with the following:
Full stack platform concepts and technologies - required
Cloud, SaaS development, Microsoft Azure - preferred
SDLC principles ? required
Strong working knowledge of CI/CD concepts and best practices is required.
7 -10 or more years of management and leadership experiencerequired.
Proven track record of software delivery and execution is required.
Experience working across a vast array of technologies (Java/ Web stack highly desirable) is required.
Aptitude to understand new and emerging technologies is preferred.
Ecommerce experience is a plus.
Experience with Agile Methodologies (SAFE, Scrum, Kanban) is required.
A record of creating successful teams and leading them through change to deliver strong results
Strong project management skills are required.
Ability to work in a complex environment with diverse personality types is essential in this role.
Expertise and proficiency in MS Office products (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc.) is required.
High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
Strong communications skills (Verbal, written and interpersonal) are required.
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.