Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and achieves assigned goals and objectives.
- Accountable for all distribution operations and total flow of goods through the distribution locations. Including overall safety, quality and performance and customer service.
- Leads efforts to find innovative ways or methods to use technology to increase inventory flow, handling, and accuracy.
- Leads continuous improvement efforts.
- Partners with and coordinates closely with the other work groups including Planning & Allocation, Merchandising, IT and outside vendors.
- Develops and prepares annual operating budgets and ensures compliance. Achieves operating and financial goals and objectives.
- Leads associate relations efforts and opportunities.
- Develops, directs and implements programs to maintain and/or improve DC equipment and facilities. Selects outside vendor services, justifies new expenditures, calculates return (ROI) and evaluates and recommends strategies for meeting increasing sales/volume demands and timeliness/accuracy of shipments to consumers.
- Complies with all regulations with respect to DOT, OSHA, DOL and any other federal, state and local authority.
- Mentor train and develop teammates for care progression and learning.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Establishes best management practices within the organization. Implements and communicates policies, practices and procedures designed to meet the organization s management objectives.
- Establishes performance standards and provides management tools/resources to identify performance improvement.
- WMS system management experience (preferably PKMS)
- Experience in large scale operations and automation.
- High proficiency with MS Excel to track productivity and identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Conducts annual associate performance evaluations and recommends appropriate rewards within a policy and budgetary constraint framework that is fair, equitable and competitive. Identifies marginal and high performers and takes action to correct deficiencies or to reward/recognize high performers.
- Provides training and development programs designed to improve, enhance and/or maintain or exceed performance standards. Works with Human Resources to implement training resources.
- Complies with federal, state and local labor/employment laws and pay regulations.
- Promotes strong fiscal and ethical standards throughout the organization.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and/or overnight shifts.
- 7-10 years DC management operations role
- 2-5 years General Manager responsibility
- Minimum B. S. Degree in Business (prefer Logistics or Industrial Engineering major) or equivalent experience
- Masters in Logistics or MBA helpful