- Manage driver managers, semi, and bobtail employees to assure safe and timely departures and deliveries with the right product.
- Lead the development of all Delivery SOP’s for PNW.
- Maintain constant communication and contact with sales team and customers as directed.
- May conduct joint visits with sales team to customers soliciting customer feedback.
- Directly responsible to meet the semi and depot budgeted costs.
- Annually review depot structure and capital improvement needs.
- Must have a Continuous Improvement mindset and suggest creative ways to reduce costs.
- Attend sales meetings to better service promotions and product trends.
- Train drivers to ensure right time efficient and orderly delivery.
- Train drivers in right communication skills for superior customer service and satisfaction.
- Partner with risk management to assure Federal DOT and OSHA compliance.
- Assure proper adherence to all DOT Regulations and Terminal Inspections to standard compliance
- Research troubleshoots and applies corrective actions with a sense of urgency for shortages, refusals, filling errors, not on trucks, missed deliveries, breakage, and dirty invoices.
- Work cross functionally with the Director of Warehouse Operations and the sales teams to resolve and eliminate internal and external customer concerns.
- Direct transportation manager to assure a safe, timely and cost-effective delivery of product to customer within designed deliver window.
- Manage driver’s company safety process.
- Assure effective and compliant use of all regulatory and efficiency tools, including Routing, Telematics and DOT compliance programs
- Develop and manage driver and delivery KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) that drive results to improve safety, productivity, internal and external customer service and satisfaction.
- Assure downloads match customer invoices.
- Promote ongoing best in class customer service throughout all positions in delivery.
- Maintain safe and clean delivery vehicles at all times.
- Supervisory responsibilities for managers, supervisors and leads.
- Responsible for hiring/selection, corrective action, performance plan/development, work assignment, and termination.
- Will have financial/budgetary responsibilities including forecasting and adhering to delivery budget.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from an accredited four-year college or university.
- At least 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in managing union and nonunion employees, including grievances, arbitrations, and contract negotiations.